Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hello there,

First things first: If Kaspersky works for you, then there's no need to change. We got a clear point here. Thing is i don't feel it's working the best for me. Recent issues i've not been liking about Kaspersky:

• Application Control delaying software installation/removal
  • Lack of firewall notifications
  • Lack of notifications when software tries to create connections with a website/server (BitDefender does this)

I will still be using Kaspersky until my license is over, but i want to be informed for when the time arrives.

I've been having a look at BitDefender and i've been very pleased with the results i've seen. I'm wishing to hear your experiences with this product if they have been recent. Basically, what i need is it to be user-dependant, e.g notify me for everything and make me aware of everything that's happening on the background, a decent customizable firewall and great dynamic (on-execution) protection. I want it to be customizable and have great variety of options to play with and achieve maximum protection.

Thank you for reading.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
For the user who was worried about Kaspersky spying but using Norton if I was you I'd be more worried about Symantec giving the US government a back door

Reactions: Syafiq

Allena

Level 1
Feb 8, 2018
Well, it depends on your own personal needs.
You need to consider:
  1. The test scores these companies received by independent testing labs.
  2. The features that you need or don’t need in your security product
In my opinion, If you have a low end PC, I suggest you go for kaspersky. If you have a good PC, Go for Bitdefender.

While Kaspersky Anti-Virus is a solid antivirus solution, Bitdefender Antivirus Plus is superior across the board. Not only does Bitdefender detect more malware, but it doesn't impact system performance as much.

Moreover, Kaspersky Anti-Virus gives its customers around-the-clock support via phone, email, or live chat. Proactive Detection and Rollback Tool. Intelligent Scanning and Phishing Protection. On other hand, Bitdefender has very good ransomware security while Kaspersky doesn’t come with it by default.

Kaspersky won’t slow down your PC. But, Bitdefender may slow down your PC even it takes a long time to load after startup. So, It’s all about your preference. You may safely go for any of them.

To sum up, both Kaspersky and Bitdefender come with a lot of features, at the end it all depends according to need.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoboMan and Syafiq

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Well, it depends on your own personal needs.
You need to consider:
  1. The test scores these companies received by independent testing labs.
  2. The features that you need or don’t need in your security product
In my opinion, If you have a low end PC, I suggest you go for kaspersky. If you have a good PC, Go for Bitdefender.
Bitdefender has very good ransomware security while Kaspersky doesn’t come with it by default. Kaspersky won’t slow down your PC. But, Bitdefender may slow down your PC even it takes a long time to load after startup. So, It’s all about your preference. You may safely go for any of them.

To sum up, yes Kaspersky comes with a lot of features, but if someone who is looking for an advanced level of security should choose Bitdefender as it clearly wins head to head comparison.
Kaspersky is much more advanced than Bitdefender. Have you seen how heavily you can tweak Kaspersky Internet Security? You can set it so it's near enough default deny and then there's Kaspersky's signatures and web shield. I'd check the Malware Hub out if I was you. You can't tweak Bitdefender to anywhere near the level of Kaspersky. I don't mean to sound rude so I'm sorry if that's how it's sounds, but if you'd used and tweaked Kaspersky internet security and done the same with Bitdefender internet security you'd see just how heavily you can tweak KIS, but Kaspersky at default settings is far more advanced than bitdefender at it's best settings. Kaspersky have great signatures, great webguard and then there's it's BB system watcher which is also top notch, then there's application control, the Trusted Applications mode (TAM) Bitdefender is overrated and it simply isn't in Kaspersky's league.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Kaspersky is much more advanced than Bitdefender. Have you seen how heavily you can tweak Kaspersky Internet Security? You can set it so it's near enough default deny and then there's Kaspersky's signatures and web shield. I'd check the Malware Hub out if I was you. You can't tweak Bitdefender to anywhere near the level of Kaspersky. I don't mean to sound rude so I'm sorry if that's how it's sounds, but if you'd used and tweaked Kaspersky internet security and done the same with Bitdefender internet security you'd see just how heavily you can tweak KIS, but Kaspersky at default settings is far more advanced than bitdefender at it's best settings. Kaspersky have great signatures, great webguard and then there's it's BB system watcher which is also top notch, then there's application control, the Trusted Applications mode (TAM) Bitdefender is overrated and it simply isn't in Kaspersky's league.
Kaspersky Internet security does come with Ransomware protection by default, in fact you could turn off Kaspersky's AV and let system watcher and application control handle Ransomware. What's frustrating here is, from your above comments you clearly haven't even done a Google search of Kaspersky's features.

AB David

Level 1
Mar 19, 2018
Kaspersky is much better than bitdefender. i am part of security technical (corporate) and we trust kaspersky. kaspersky not only blocking virus or other malware but it can prevent attack using exploit technique (attacked open port).

I already test exploit to other server that use kaspersky and well done kaspersky can block it. Exploitation is the highest our concern !! because when the attacker already get your computer using exploit technique , none of antivirus cannot detect it because it running in memory not create some file or other in hard disk. so the attacker can control your computer like administrator. you won't know if you've been infiltrated..

Moreover it’s definitions are more frequently updated, and it is much more thorough in it’s searches. Bitdefender is a bit more lax in it’s searches, which some people like since Kaspersky comes up with more false-positives but in the oft chance it doesn’t, it’s going to catch something that Bitdefender often won’t. I’ve tested both and Kaspersky performed better against many different trojans. Even most of the Kaspersky vs Bitdefender comparisons are also showing kaspersky's upper hand over bitdefender.

Reactions: Dex4Sure and Syafiq

Allena

Level 1
Feb 8, 2018
Last edited:
Reactions: amico81 and Syafiq

Eggnog

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 21, 2018
One more thing to add about Kaspersky. It can spy on you and send your data to their servers as Uncle Sam says :p
No doubt! :) I'm in the U.S. and I'm more concerned about what the NSA, Homeland Security and other agencies might be doing, rather than worrying about Kaspersky. Besides if Kaspersky really was overtly spying for the Russian government, the news and ensuing revelation would become so viral it wouldn't even be funny. It's just propaganda.

Reactions: ZeroDay

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.