Hot Take Kaspersky Security Cloud Free 2019 - Tweaks

legendcampos

Level 6
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
Excellent configuration, I marked this option because there are many sites not encrypted and end up giving error or not access as government sites, some carriers and other... websites that have to access with digital certificates...

kaspersky.png

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Excellent configuration, I marked this option because there are many sites not encrypted and end up giving error or not access as government sites, some carriers and other... websites that have to access with digital certificates...

View attachment 204827
I also had too many errors with "monitor all network ports" and "always scan encrypted connections". even 1 of them at the time caused problems
I must leave them at default

"Inject script into web traffic..." caused huge delay and high CPU load
in kaspersky free, there is no reason why it should be enabled
I don't use URL advisor so I don't need it

legendcampos

Level 6
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
I also had too many errors with "monitor all network ports" and "always scan encrypted connections". even 1 of them at the time caused problems
I must leave them at default

Even in the default option I received alerts, the pages did not work right this in the old versions of Kaspersky so I deactivated will be testing again in the default settings. Tnx!

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I disabled that option and url filtering is still working.
How's this possible?

Reactions: upnorth

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I disabled that option and url filtering is still working.
How's this possible?
trust me, I will still work perfectly fine
a bit different from what harlan posted, this is the description for script injection in KIS
If the check box is selected, Kaspersky Total Security injects a web page interaction script into web traffic. This script ensures the operation of such components as Safe Money, Private Browsing, Parental Control, Anti-Banner, URL Advisor, and Secure Data Input.

if you don't use any of these modules and because most of them are not present in kaspersky free versions, you can safely disable it
only URL advisor and secure data input (= on-screen keyboard) are present in KFA

you can replace URL advisor by BD trafficlight, for example
I think URL advisor is pointless because if an URL is marked as red/malicious, it will be blocked by web protection anyway. It's an indicator but doesn't improve your web protection, IMO

StrikeFIN

Level 2
Verified
Dec 15, 2017
Because of this problem I stopped using kaspersky it uses a lot of CPU and bitdefender uses lots of RAM ... Now I'm using ESET and it's perfect.
I had KSCF free in test around 10-11 hours and even after all these tweaks, CPU usage made high spikes too often, my laptop fans went crazy and caused extra heat in general.

Now using BD Free again, even it uses marginally more RAM, I would let it use more RAM anyday, than hearing all time fans crazy spinning. My laptop has anyway 12GB RAM installed (extra 8GB added), more than enough run "few" things, so I don't mind RAM usage (which isn't that danger level)

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I had KSCF free in test around 10-11 hours and even after all these tweaks, CPU usage made high spikes too often, my laptop fans went crazy and caused extra heat in general.

Now using BD Free again, even it uses marginally more RAM, I would let it use more RAM anyday, than hearing all time fans crazy spinning. My laptop has anyway 12GB RAM installed (extra 8GB added), more than enough run "few" things, so I don't mind RAM usage (which isn't that danger level)
I'm using gaming mode tweak for KFA to tame the cpu resources down. Fan speeds are not an issue but cpu usage kills battery life by almost 1-2hrs. I'll wait for a day or two to settle down or else WD is coming back.
Temps are no issue for me since it doesn't cross 65C even with full scan,gaming, 10 tabs in browser,MSI AB and RTSS etc.. There's no slowdown in performance. Only downside is battery life.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I'm using gaming mode tweak for KFA to tame the cpu resources down. Fan speeds are not an issue but cpu usage kills battery life by almost 1-2hrs. I'll wait for a day or two to settle down or else WD is coming back.
Temps are no issue for me since it doesn't cross 65C even with full scan,gaming, 10 tabs in browser,MSI AB and RTSS etc.. There's no slowdown in performance. Only downside is battery life.
did you disable idle scan and rootkit scan? make sure the first 5 boxes are checked in performance settings
and did you disable script injection in network settings
change scan mode to on execution in file antivirus

Allego

Level 2
Verified
Jan 25, 2016
Hi guys, responding to some users that asked me by pm about KSCloud Free 2019 tweaks, here You are my tweaks I have in my laptop.

Those settings not addressed in these tweaks are in default.

At the 2nd image, I see the security level was different in File Anti-Virus. What did you changed in the advanced settings?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.