Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I needed to install "silverlight" for a certain application and I got this:
BmSg5rU.png

6llUc1R.png

Kaspersky automatically unticked those two settings (Make Bing my search engine/Make MSN my homepage )before installation!First time I have seen this!Application manager working well!!(y)(y)
I thought I'd share this with members here!!:)

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I got Kaspersky installed on my parent's computer and I never seen this before. Thank you for pointing that out :) Now I wonder how many other antivirus software will have this built in :)
Indeed first time I have seen it!Maybe patch D improved the application assistant module as in the past when I tried installing games needing DX I never got a warning about installing the Bing bar!!I had to untick the box manually!Now it's automated!(y)

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I got Kaspersky installed on my parent's computer and I never seen this before. Thank you for pointing that out :) Now I wonder how many other antivirus software will have this built in :)
Make sure to enable it since it's default disabled i think :)

This is great! Back when i used KIS17 i never saw it in action!

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Back in 2017 & now in 2018, Application manager always worked in the background for me. Meaning never got any adware or PUP to untick in installers before even if i used some programs known for their PUP installation.

Now i guess, it is working in foreground. Great to know. Thanks for sharing.

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Thanks for sharing, it made me look at my "application manager" and i have nothing in it :unsure: but i did have this checked so at least i know that it will stop things that i don't want from being installed

Capture.PNG
so this is the same thing ... right ? It's just that i haven't installed anything that would give me that warning but nice to know that it will in the future (y)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    9.2 KB · Views: 350
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.