New Update KAV\KIS\KS\KSOS: 21.4 - 21.5 MR4 / MR5 beta updates

ItsReallyMe

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2017
In Selective / On Demand Scan tasks -> All Files
1642071009967.png

No, I mean here, which one is better, default is scanned by format but i changed it to all files! I don't know which one is good!

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
New RC build:

1642078568485.png

superleeds27

Level 6
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
Some modules were changed of place, some modules were renamed, for example, I'm testing Kaspersky Plus version:
  • Web Anti-Virus now it is called -> Safe Browsing:

• There is no more Applications Control -> Intrusion Prevention:

• No More Tools settings, all the settings/modules there were re-located to different sections (in Privacy and Performance sections):

• New TimeLine feature (probably copying BD's one 😁):

And probably some additional changes I can't remember now 😁, just download and check it, for now this 21.5 it's a bit unstable, upcoming a new beta build soon, probably this upcoming week...
The overall UI looks really good on this!

N31R

Level 1
Verified
Jul 25, 2016
I received an update from the previous RC build to the 384 build. A screen popped up requesting a reboot, all the while KIS was disabled and MS Defender was reenabled. Upon reboot, the installer popped up and installed the new version. Overall I think they should get rid of the gaps in protection, I don't like that KIS was uninstalled automatically and effectively left me without protection until I rebooted.
Settings seem to have carried over without issues.

N31R

Level 1
Verified
Jul 25, 2016
It can be done on reboot as other AV like ESET do. New installer places new files, schedules them for replacement on next product start/system reboot and voila, upgrade done with no interruption.

carl fish

Level 7
Verified
Mar 6, 2012
I would say not for a little while because they are still displaying the previous line on their main site, there are links to switch now when when you try to click it still redirects you to the old products.
I just tried it again still the same it directs to 21.3 the old products

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.