Video League of Antivirus - Panda Dome Free Antivirus 20.00.00 vs Malicious URLs, Phishing URLs, Malware Samples and LoAV SCORE

Source
https://youtu.be/48OugqqCtSQ
Video created by
League of Antivirus

McMcbrad

Level 20
Oct 16, 2020
Very poor result for Panda, untill now best result by Bitdefender free.
I wonder how free Forticlient will do in this test.
Their URL blocker is so ineffective that when I tried it recently, I thought there is a bug and it just doesn't work at all, until it finally kicked in on some phishing links. It also has a very dated warning, that hasn't changed at all since the age of Panda Cloud Antivirus. Sometimes, when you open a phishing link, it displays a notification that threat has been disinfected, which is obviously not too correct. I also found out the whole architecture is still 32-bit.

SeriousHoax

Level 34
Verified
Mar 16, 2019
Panda Free don't any network protection so this is expected result and it's mostly dependent on the cloud. I don't consider it as a good free AV but I wonder how it achieves this types of results in AV-Comparatives?!

McMcbrad

Level 20
Oct 16, 2020
Panda Free don't any network protection so this is expected result and it's mostly dependent on the cloud. I don't consider it as a good free AV but I wonder how it achieves this types of results in AV-Comparatives?!
It also has the highest fp number, so it looks like it employees some form of aggressive heuristics and/or cloud lookup. Their blog no longer mentions what’s new in their products so it’s hard to know what improvements they’ve made. They definitely haven’t introduced a 64-bit architecture which may be the reason why their software is always so problematic. Their forums are a joke and look archaic... I don’t expect any knowledge and competence there on how Panda works.

McMcbrad

Level 20
Oct 16, 2020
| also have been wondering about these results, considering that the detection rates have gone down and the loss of it`s web filter ??

Regards Eck :)
I tested the most premium version for a day and it did well (standard antivirus), however this is a very short period to jump to any conclusions. Web blocker was a joke and so was everything else. I definitely won't be paying for it. I also don't get why free version doesn't have a web filter, considering all other free packages do include that.

McMcbrad

Level 20
Oct 16, 2020
Identity protection for online security while browsing, shopping and banking is included in ADVANCED or above version.
Yes, I tested Premium, the one with the unlimited VPN and premium support. Still same result.
Panda has been a partner with Cyren for ages and Cyren greatly improves their detection of malware by feeding them with threat intelligence. Their web filter relies entirely on Cyren's database, which uses legacy F-Prot technologies whilst crawling the web to discover malware. That's why Panda's url blocker isn't that great.

Last edited:

Pat MacKnife

Level 11
Verified
Jul 14, 2015
Their URL blocker is so ineffective that when I tried it recently, I thought there is a bug and it just doesn't work at all, until it finally kicked in on some phishing links. It also has a very dated warning, that hasn't changed at all since the age of Panda Cloud Antivirus. Sometimes, when you open a phishing link, it displays a notification that threat has been disinfected, which is obviously not too correct. I also found out the whole architecture is still 32-bit.
Ages ago i was only infected once and it was with Panda cloud ! it did say there's a virus but it wasn't able to delete it ... since then i never used it again. I used something else to delete the virus (cant remember which one)

misterman2100

Level 1
Verified
Dec 3, 2018
kenny powers GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Behold Eck and Nevi

TairikuOkami

Level 30
Verified
Content Creator
May 13, 2017
Panda Free don't any network protection so this is expected result and it's mostly dependent on the cloud. I don't consider it as a good free AV but I wonder how it achieves this types of results in AV-Comparatives?! [/URL]
There is no extra detail report, but they mention default configuration for consumers, so I image Edge + smartscreen.
I like MRG tests, the disable smartscreen except for WD, but when they did WD test without it, it performed horribly.

Attachments

• capture_11192020_202456.jpg
    capture_11192020_202456.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 46