App Review League of Antivirus - Panda Dome Free Antivirus 20.00.00 vs Malicious URLs, Phishing URLs, Malware Samples and LoAV SCORE

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
League of Antivirus

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Panda Free don't any network protection so this is expected result and it's mostly dependent on the cloud. I don't consider it as a good free AV but I wonder how it achieves this types of results in AV-Comparatives?!

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
Yes :)
and scroll down to version 6.0 (gray button download)

Also see this
You have to unlock setting to enable webshield block malicious websites ....

Last edited:

misterman2100

Level 2
Verified
Dec 3, 2018
Panda Free don't any network protection so this is expected result and it's mostly dependent on the cloud. I don't consider it as a good free AV but I wonder how it achieves this types of results in AV-Comparatives?!
kenny powers GIF

• HaHa
Reactions: Behold Eck and Nevi

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Panda Free don't any network protection so this is expected result and it's mostly dependent on the cloud. I don't consider it as a good free AV but I wonder how it achieves this types of results in AV-Comparatives?! [/URL]
There is no extra detail report, but they mention default configuration for consumers, so I image Edge + smartscreen.
I like MRG tests, the disable smartscreen except for WD, but when they did WD test without it, it performed horribly.

Attachments

• capture_11192020_202456.jpg
    capture_11192020_202456.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 194

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
There is no extra detail report, but they mention default configuration for consumers, so I image Edge + smartscreen.
I like MRG tests, the disable smartscreen except for WD, but when they did WD test without it, it performed horribly.
It makes sense to keep SmartScreen enabled for WD but not for other AV. So AVC probably disable that too for other products. Maybe Panda blocks everything unknown that's downloaded over internet which results in more blocks but high false positives.

AYIZEB

Level 2
Verified
Oct 18, 2016
Here in Spain, when you went to have your pc repaired, the computer offered you to install panda, but beyond that panda, right now it is a low product, having, kaspersky, bitdefender etc ...

Reactions: roger_m

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Maybe Panda blocks everything unknown that's downloaded over internet which results in more blocks but high false positives.
I used Panda for some time a few years ago and only had minor issue with false positives, even though I was regularly downloading PUPs and lesser known software. Its behaviour blocker, never blocked anything either.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I used Panda for some time a few years ago and only had minor issue with false positives, even though I was regularly downloading PUPs and lesser known software. Its behaviour blocker, never blocked anything either.
Does it require MOTM for blocking unknown exe files? Were you downloading via browser or other download managers?
I mean I'm just trying to understand how come they achieve that 100% detection while literally no one says that it's a good AV.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.