Verified
Mar 11, 2016
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
nothing
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
nothing
Hello. My laptop is

Lenovo V15 i3-1005G1/8GB/256/Win10.

I have installed Windows 10. Also power settings: Screen goes to sleep after 10 minutes of inactivity. And yes its working.
Yesterday after 10 minutes screen goes off, i dont touch mouse anything. And in some moment he wakes up on its own,itself. Why? Maybe it was mouse itself or it happens? Thanks. Happened once ,cant reproduce.

On background i had Google Chrome opened with 2 sites only.

ps:For 99% it was laptop. I have paranoid about my main pc that maybe it was screen from my main pc.

Last edited:

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Hi,
You could search Windows’ Event Viewer for information:
Click the Start menu, search for Event Viewer, and launch the tool. In the sidebar, head to Windows Logs > System, then click the Filter Current Log button on the right side of the window. Choose Power-Troubleshooter from the Event Sources drop-down menu and click OK to see all the times your computer woke up recently and what caused them.
To stop a device from waking your Windows 10 computer up from sleep mode, open the Device Manager and double-click a device. Then click the Power Management tab and untick the box next to Allow this device to wake up the computer.

1. First, type powercfg -devicequery wake_armed into the Command Prompt. This will tell you which devices are causing your Windows 10 computer to wake up.
    2.Then press the Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    3.Next, type devmgmt.msc into the search bar and click OK.
    4.Select the device that’s causing your computer to wake up and double-click it. This will open up the device’s properties.
    5.Then click the Power Management
    6.Finally, untick Allow this device to wake up the computer and click OK.
Hope above information can help you.
Several answers down in this thread
Hope it helps

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.