New Update LibreWolf Browser - A fork of Firefox, focused on privacy, security and freedom

Pixelman

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 7, 2022
Hi everyone, does anyone have the solution for this? I use the latest LW and AdGuard desktop.

Capture.PNG

Reactions: Sorrento

Pixelman

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 7, 2022
How did you get LW as default browser? I can try on mine if you can guide me

I'm using the portable version of LW and in Settings => General => Startup there's no provision to set LW as default browser
I have the installation version. I think it just literally showed me the option to choose LW as a default browser in Default Apps settings. No special operations or tweaks whatsoever.

Capt2ure.PNG

I don't know how to help you as I didn't try the LW portable version.
Strange thing, Firefox that I use in the screenshot is a portable version, and in the settings I can choose it as a default browser just fine.

Really don't know what causes your problem. :unsure:

n8chavez

Level 16
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I've noticed something very strange about version 106.0.3-1. After I updated to it apps stated launching slower and used more CPU than normal. This happened with a lot of different apps, not just LW itself. Reverting to the previous version solved the issue. I'm not sure why, but something in LW of the FF code is broken in 106.0.3-1.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I've noticed something very strange about version 106.0.3-1. After I updated to it apps stated launching slower and used more CPU than normal. This happened with a lot of different apps, not just LW itself. Reverting to the previous version solved the issue. I'm not sure why, but something in LW of the FF code is broken in 106.0.3-1.
My extension settings got messed around after this release was installed. I also noticed how some other apps were not slowed down, my RAM and CPU showed no sign of being anywhere near overloaded. Reverting back to the previous release of LW sorted these issues out.

n8chavez

Level 16
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
106.0.4-1 is having the same problem. After I installed the last two versions of librewolf (one at a time) every app started to take a long time to launch, including librewolf. Even keepass took about 4x longer to unlock my password database than usual. After I revert to 106.0.2-1 everything returns back to normal. :unsure:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.