New Update LibreWolf Browser - A fork of Firefox, focused on privacy, security and freedom

YuanJiawj

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 9, 2014
Hi, i've a couple hours installed latest LibreWolf version, everything runs great but i have a problem. When I open the LW it opens in almost maximized size, so I have to resize every time when i open the browser, does this have a solution?

Reactions: Sorrento and Kongo

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Hi, i've a couple hours installed latest LibreWolf version, everything runs great but i have a problem. When I open the LW it opens in almost maximized size, so I have to resize every time when i open the browser, does this have a solution?

It doesnt, it is by design to avoid fingerprinting via screen info.

Edit: I think I am wrong here and it is possible by disabling RFP config, but it is not advised to do so.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
oh! i didn't know about that. Thanks for the info and sorry for this kind of question.

Oh dont worry, it is a little annoying to not have control about the window size, but you get used to it.

I think you can change this behavior by disabling RFP (Resist Fingerprinting), but it is not advised to change that setting.

Usability

What are the most common downsides of RFP (Resist Fingerprinting)?

It is possible that users will experience breakage because of RFP: usually this is caused by canvas access, which can be relaxed on a per-site basis.

Other common problems brought by RFP include:

• spoofed timezone.
  • forced light theme.
  • fixed user agent.
  • smaller and fixed window size on startup.
  • suppressed keyboard modifier events using alt-keys.

There's no real workaround for these annoyances as they are intended to protect your privacy. Tweaking them using extensions or preferences significantly impacts the effectiveness of RFP, both for the users themselves, and the rest of the userbase: modifications create a subset of users who stand out and reduce the number of RFP users who look the same, making it worse for everyone.

For this very reason we suggest against modifying any metric involved in RFP, as even a single change could make it useless. We also suggest users to get used to RFP and stick with it as much as possible: it is a very powerful tool that gets improvements as the result of the Tor Uplift Project, and it will surely benefit your privacy in a major way.

If you don't like the downsides of RFP, or you are not concerned about fingerprinting, you can disable RFP in the LibreWolf settings, or in your overrides.

In that case consider using an extension like CanvasBlocker to retain at least a minimum amount of fingerprinting protection.

More info here:

YuanJiawj

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 9, 2014
Oh dont worry, it is a little annoying to not have control about the window size, but you get used to it.

I think you can change this behavior by disabling RFP (Resist Fingerprinting), but it is not advised to change that setting.

More info here:

Agreed with you, if this feature helps i don't need change or edit it. Thanks!

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016

When I start LW it opens not in full screen, by default. Nothing's being changed.

1654485183803.png

Last edited:

Wontkins

Level 1
May 9, 2022
LibreWolf turns off all of Google's Safe Browsing, the privacy hardened FF articles I've read advises to leave that alone. I wonder what you all think of their turning off Safe Browsing?

Reactions: Sorrento

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
Depends on what you prefer. Pro-privacy hardening traditionally advices to disable it in Firefox, since the Safe Browsing feature uses Google's services for malware detection and stuff. That is about the only reason. If you're like me and don't mind that one thing, you could re-enable it manually (or leave it enabled in Firefox).

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
To confirm the auto updating of LW. If you have the LW update extension installed

Once you press the LW icon to start LW on the desktop, it detects the presence of a new version, downloads and install it automatically. All these are shown as popups on the bottom right on your desktop. No need to manual check and download LW

I just tried for the v102

:D

eonline

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
my antiexploit configuration for this browser, maybe someone will find it useful.

</AppConfig> <AppConfig Executable="librewolf.exe"> <DEP Enable="true" EmulateAtlThunks="false" /> <ASLR ForceRelocateImages="true" RequireInfo="false" /> <ControlFlowGuard Enable="true" SuppressExports="false" /> <Fonts DisableNonSystemFonts="true" AuditOnly="false" Audit="false" /> <ImageLoad BlockRemoteImageLoads="true" AuditRemoteImageLoads="false" BlockLowLabelImageLoads="true" AuditLowLabelImageLoads="false" /> <Payload EnableExportAddressFilter="true" AuditEnableExportAddressFilter="false" EnableExportAddressFilterPlus="true" AuditEnableExportAddressFilterPlus="false" EnableRopStackPivot="true" AuditEnableRopStackPivot="false" /> <SEHOP Enable="true" TelemetryOnly="false" /> <UserShadowStack UserShadowStack="true" UserShadowStackStrictMode="true" AuditUserShadowStack="false" /> </AppConfig>

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.