Advice Request Lost my 3 years Subscription

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
My 3-year license is still working. One thing I like about that licence: I can share it with my friends and family from My F-Secure. I't's legit, even if my brother doesn't live in the same city.

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
It is common that this subscription we received with a 3-year license contains 5 licenses with f-secure safe ;)

Reactions: Back3

kC77

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 16, 2021
still got "Days left 1268"
*didnt need uk vpn here as already in UK, maybe they checked and closed any that tried it using VPN ip's

• +Reputation
Reactions: Nevi and BigWrench

Indingo

Level 1
Jun 15, 2020
I just had mine revoked and now only lasts until September. I was actually a virgin media subscriber at the time of the giveaway but used a VPN so I guess that's why it was revoked. It's really annoying though as I had just converted all my devices over and have no intention of paying for it. So to me it's kind of a rug pull to trick people to invest time installing the product to simply revoke the key later.

Reactions: show-Zi and Jack

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
So to me it's kind of a rug pull to trick people to invest time installing the product to simply revoke the key later.
Is it though? This might be an unpopular opinion, but everyone who used a VPN to acquire a license knew that wasn't the intended way to do so, and likely violated the EULA that they agreed to when creating their account/installing the product. F-Secure has every right to revoke licenses that were acquired fraudulently. (Fraudulently might be too strong a word. Underhandedly?)

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
If you are a Virgin Media customer you automatically have the option to use F-Secure, you can do this by signing into your VM account & set it up from there, that's the only way to get a free F-Secure but you have to pay I think £25 after the first year as I do. Users who used a VPN to attempt to fool F-Secure into believing they are in the UK & a VM customer run the risk of losing their account as I reckon most people know & take a chance, it's how it goes :):)

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
8C728BD4-9B5E-49CE-89AB-CDB2C9BF1C48.jpeg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.