loveboy_lion Config

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
Biozfear said:
loveboy, we are stuck to ESET mainly due to our gaming needs. I had switched temporary to CAV with D+. Only one issue at boot(issue with intel turbo boost). While having CAV on stateful noticed FPS dropped a bit on certain times (can display FPS in real time in AION). Went to Comodo site to check and there was a new release of signatures.

Tried again later on the day but this time switched gaming mode. no loss of FPS.

Might also work for you mate.

Thanks for the info Biofear will try it again
i too had no problem with CAV and Defence+ But i have a problem with Comodo Firewall or any other firewall since i am behind 3 routers with firewall enabled none of the firewall works so will try Cav and defence+ alongside ESET hope there wont be any slowsown due to CAV (FPS with CAV on online gaming i never noticed but not sure with offline gaming) but its worth a shot

P

Plexx

loveboy_lion said:
Thanks for the info Biofear will try it again
i too had no problem with CAV and Defence+ But i have a problem with Comodo Firewall or any other firewall since i am behind 3 routers with firewall enabled none of the firewall works so will try Cav and defence+ alongside ESET hope there wont be any slowsown due to CAV (FPS with CAV on online gaming i never noticed but not sure with offline gaming) but its worth a shot

I have not installed the firewall module. I am using the windows 7 firewall instead if need be (although for games I switch it off and leave the router one on).

Offline gaming should be fine but perhaps exclude the games on its relevant CAV and D+ modules.

I have not attempted ESET AV with CAV. I highly doubt they will work. You could still try but if that is the case, you will probably need to adjust ESET real time module.

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
sorry guys for the late reply but had to format my system after i accidental messed up my system partition resulting in system crash so installed everything again and now just finished backup

so for moment testing AVG 2013 free

P

Plexx

Ok so I take it AVG launched 2013 free already but I am unable to get it. For Earth to request it, means RC Cycle is over. Loveboy where you got the installer?

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
link for AVG FREE http://download.cnet.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-Free-Edition-2013/3000-2239_4-10320142.html

link for AVG paid antivirus http://download.cnet.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-2013/3000-2239_4-10385707.html

link for AVG Internet Security http://download.cnet.com/AVG-Internet-Security-2013/3000-2239_4-10710160.html

For Background about performance and review of AVG 2013 http://download.cnet.com/8301-2007_4-57506145-12/avg-goes-all-in-with-windows-8/

P

Plexx

Ah so it is over CNET. wonder why their official site hasn't been updated yet. :/

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
Added
Advanced system Care with Antivirus (uses Bitdefender Engine)
Installed in compatibility mode and set to scan only executable files

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
EDIT
Removed AVG FREE 2013
Removed Webroot SecureAnywhere

Changed ASCwAV settings From Low(on execution) to (Default settings)

Added
Rising Personal Firewall (Free)
works fine and better than windows firewall when no other firewall seems to be working on my system for now

Since i Installed Rising Firewall there have been no virus alerts or anything like before when i had 5-10 virus alerts per hour so removed AVG and WSA to lighten up the system

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
EDIT
Removed everything Did a fresh install of Windows Updated it did a new Backup
Installed Panda Global Protection 2013
Installed Zemana AntiLogger
Installed all software

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
EDIT
Removed
Zemana Antilogger (gave it to my wife she needs it more than me i suppose)

Added
Webroot SecureAnywhere (Seems to work Great with Panda without any issues or slowdowns)
AdFender (just testing it)

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
EDIT
Had To Reformat My Laptop Thinking of Dual booting Mac Osx Mountain Lion 10.8 with Windows 7

Removed Everything

Added Exploit Shield

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
EDIT
Trustport Internet Security 2013
O&O CleverCache
Process Lasso (Thanks arsenaloyal for the Licence)
O&O DiskImage

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Why did you need to reformat, or was it a scheduled reformat?

What's your boot/start-up time like?

BSOD

Level 2
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
loveboy_lion said:
EDIT
O&O CleverCache
O&O DiskImage

I just searched for CleverCache on Google and random discussions on forums say that it doesn't really bring about any performance boost in Windows 7.

How is it treating you?

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
Earth said:
Yea Earth The Reformat was a scheduled Reformat which i mostly do once every month

Earth said:
What's your boot/start-up time like?
my boot/startup time with all the software and without Trustport is between 30-35sec and with trustport is between 45-50sec(since i have enabled

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
BSOD said:
loveboy_lion said:
EDIT
O&O CleverCache
O&O DiskImage

I just searched for CleverCache on Google and random discussions on forums say that it doesn't really bring about any performance boost in Windows 7.

How is it treating you?
I too t first had mixed thoughts since i had never used it earlier but after researching a bit and installing Clevercache i can surely say that it works pretty well and does what it claims(don't change the default settings unless you know what you are doing) but for a better performance i would recommend to use along with Process lasso(even the free version will do the job) never noticed such a boost in my laptop before
Games and everything now work without lag or slowdown even when my laptop is 3 years old
Try and see you will be surprised do post your experience after using both process lasso and clevercatch (check out the giveaway http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Giveaway-O-O-CleverCache-7-1 to get it for free)

BSOD

Level 2
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
loveboy_lion said:
Earth said:
Yea Earth The Reformat was a scheduled Reformat which i mostly do once every month

Eh, I thought that was a myth! Why would you reformat every month? :O

Also, I just installed O&O CC along with Process Lasso. Waiting to see a boost. :)

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
I only reformat Since I Like to Install everything from Scratch , avoiding unwanted stuff so that my system keeps performing well without registry and file errors and I love the Fact that it only Takes me 30min max to install the operating system with all updates and all software

inorder to notice a boost try software and games which you think used to slow down or lag
you can also try opening multiple applications to see the difference
It may not give you an instant boost but after some hours or a day of use you will surely notice the difference

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.