Make your video test requests!

Mar 10, 2024
I know, I know, got the perfect idea for test.

Place any product you want in your VM, then open a browser and just research the news, or latest fads, maybe look on eBay at electronics, just act like an every day joe surfing, and lets see how infected you get in a 5 minute video.

It's perfect, it's realistic, it's hilarious 😂

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021

Hmmm.... WTF ? 🤡

Capture d'écran 2024-04-20 234719.png

When I want to download the antivirus, it gives me a PNG... When I want to force it, it says "license not found" ...
Is this antivirus a joke? xD
Capture d'écran 2024-04-20 234846.png

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
And also, what are these stock images, totally inappropriate for the purpose. When I see the web design, I don’t need a test and review at all to tell that is total garbage. Garbegis was the right product name.

The official website has only 2 buttons, “Home” and “News”. Even fake AVs used to have better websites than this.

Oldie1950

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2022
Hmmm.... WTF ? 🤡

View attachment 282929

When I want to download the antivirus, it gives me a PNG... When I want to force it, it says "license not found" ...
Is this antivirus a joke? xD
View attachment 282930

The company really seems a bit strange. I only found the download page via Google. But there definitely seems to be AV software available, because AVLab has tested it. :)

LennyFox

Level 7
Jan 18, 2024
The posts on LinkedIn also seem to be constructed with little attention to design (note the hard entered new line in experience).

1713679505488.png

@Oldie1950 a "bit strange" is an understatement. From university researcher straight to a startup seems like a (small) company developing new tech, aiming to be bought by a larger existing player in the security business. Joining the tests is a smart way to grab the attention of other players. Located in Seatle, do we see this "zero day defense tech" back in Microsoft Defender? Job position of CTO seemed to end in Feb 2024 (are they bought already?).

Last edited:

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I was supposed to test the Hardening tool offered by @SpyNetGirl , but things didn't go as planned...
The test started well, Microsoft Defender suggested a reboot and... tragedy! I couldn't reconnect to the VM!
In fact, the hardening had isolated the account and I hadn't paid attention when I wanted to connect, so I lost 1 hour's work and I don't really feel like doing it all again...
So the test will come, but during May, I'm still studying it a bit.
The other videos will come out.

Sorry again...

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Emsi just screwed me out of 15 perfectly legit keys. According to them, When you purchase them, the clock starts ticking. Must assign them in 2 years or they are worthless. Screw them. Been on board since A squared and Online Armor. (n)
Sorry ,no one at Emsisoft,wants to compensate l would think they would hate losing a great(long running subscriber)?

BigWrench

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Sorry ,no one at Emsisoft,wants to compensate l would think they would hate losing a great(long running subscriber)?
Crying shame…. Was never informed about them expiring. Could only find some fine print from 2020 about this going on. Lost 4 3seat/ 3 year licenses and 3 1 seat/ 3 years licenses. Got em cheap enough from a trade show in Toronto from the Emsisoft guys booth. Won’t be spending any more money with them. Got another email from them this morning with the same old song and dance…. “We’re sorry, but they are expired and we can only offer you a discount on new keys”… Nope, I’m done with them. Very, VERY poor way to treat customers and sets a bad example for their business. 👎

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2024
Crying shame…. Was never informed about them expiring. Could only find some fine print from 2022 about this going on. Lost 4 3seat/ 3 year licenses and 3 1 seat/ 3 years licenses. Got em cheap enough from a trade show in Toronto from the Emsisoft guys booth. Won’t be spending any more money with them. Got another email from them this morning with the same old song and dance…. “We’re sorry, but they are expired and we can only offer you a discount on new keys”… Nope, I’m done with them. Very, VERY poor way to treat customers and sets a bad example for their business. 👎
There should be no expiration date on something that has been paid for. One should not have to pay again.

Shady, line the pockets, screw everyone ethics.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.