Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
New (privacy) issue?

In edge://settings/siteData I see all sites I have recently visited:

View attachment 279102

When removing them they are coming back.
Not something I want 😢
Anybody else seeing the same behavior ?
Yep. They've ruined Edge and it's a POS! :poop: Being a piece of trash it deserves the @oldschool (n) (n). Feedback sent for all the good it won't do.

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
This is either new or was just unknown to me. Went on to download Chrome using Edge and this "Action center" suddenly popped up from the side.
m.png

razorfancy

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Nov 27, 2016
Unpopular opinion for what I see here, I actually like Microsoft Edge and see no reason to change to other browser, Edge works great and I rarely see any "Edge ads" and when I see them it takes 2 seconds to close + all the stuff I dont like to use like the sidebar or the AI stuff I was able to easily disable it.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
New (privacy) issue?

In edge://settings/siteData I see all sites I have recently visited:

View attachment 279102

When removing them they are coming back.
Not something I want 😢
Anybody else seeing the same behavior ?
I'm still seeing this bug or whatever it is. Same cookies show upon restart. Anyone still getting this? Or know of a fix? 🤔

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Version 118.0.2088.69: October 24, 2023
Fixed various bugs and performance issues.

Feature updates​

• Designer (Preview) in the Microsoft Edge sidebar. All Microsoft Edge users with Manifest version 4.8.5 or higher (users can see their version using edge://sidebar-internals), including those that are working on managed devices, can now add the Designer (Preview) app to the Edge sidebar by clicking on the "+" and setting the Designer (Preview) toggle to on. Designer (Preview) allows you to experience the generative AI capabilities offered by Microsoft Designer https://designer.microsoft.com from inside the Edge browser.
    Designer is a new AI system from Microsoft that generates visual, customizable designs based on your text description and images. This release will be available in English for the following country/regions: Australia, India, New Zealand, South Africa, and the United States.
    Administrators can manage sidebar apps including Designer (Preview) icon by using the policies described in Manage the sidebar in Microsoft Edge. The ID for Designer (Preview) app is 2cb2db96-3bd0-403e-abe2-9269b3761041.

TairikuOkami

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
So much awaited update for me and MS did not even mention it. Categories in the Password Manager.
It was the only reason I wanted to switch, I was getting lost, it is not perfect, no customs, but it is a start.

Attachments

• capture_10252023_215026.jpg
    capture_10252023_215026.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 69

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.