Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Version 123.0.2420.65: March 27, 2024
Fixed various bugs and performance issues, includes security fixes, and improves reliability.

Important
This update to Stable channel contains a fix for CVE-2024-2883, which has been reported by the Chromium team as having an exploit in the wild. For more information, see the Security Update Guide.
Stable channel security updates are listed here.

Last edited:

rashmi

Level 5
Jan 15, 2024
Version 123.0.2420.65: March 27, 2024

Edge updated and displayed the window. They removed the "show recommendation" flag.

6606522a51b49.png

LennyFox

Level 7
Jan 18, 2024
On my laptop I am still using Edge as PDF-reader. After the uodate Edge told me I had accidentally changed the search engine (what?) and offered to set it back to Bing with two options OK and CHANGE, both options changed the search engine back to Bing 🤬 I was so pleased with this surprising extra service, that I added a block rule for Bing.com in NextDNS :sneaky:

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
On my laptop I am still using Edge as PDF-reader. After the uodate Edge told me I had accidentally changed the search engine (what?) and offered to set it back to Bing with two options OK and CHANGE, both options changed the search engine back to Bing 🤬 I was so pleased with this surprising extra service, that I added a block rule for Bing.com in NextDNS :sneaky:
Again Micro$ofts way to force people, is getting old and irritate me. Your solution is brilliant LennyFox. But it's too much we have to resort to solutions like that. :mad:

Last edited:

WhiteMouse

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2017
I block suggestion using group policy, rarely see it. On my VM without group policy, ads appear frequently.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Version 123.0.2420.97: April 12, 2024
Fixed various bugs and performance issues, improved reliability.

Stable channel security updates are listed here.

Improved reliability
  • Fixed a browser crash which was related to Microsoft Edge Sync.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Updated on two Win 11 systems, and this update messed up the new tab on one system. I had removed and hidden the stuff on the new tab, and the update reverted it to defaults.
You have to watch for their sneaky "Change your settings to MS preferred" BS. I just got it when I opened Edge today. They've changed the flyout a little bit but it's still very sneaky. I'm sure they trap a lot of unsuspecting or clueless users. It's quite a deceptive practice and qualifies for the @oldschool double (n)(n).

They try their absolute best to make you hate Edge, for sure.

rashmi

Level 5
Jan 15, 2024
You have to watch for their sneaky "Change your settings to MS preferred" BS. I just got it when I opened Edge today. They've changed the flyout a little bit but it's still very sneaky. I'm sure they trap a lot of unsuspecting or clueless users. It's quite a deceptive practice and qualifies for the @oldschool double (n)(n).

They try their absolute best to make you hate Edge, for sure.
Clicking on "settings" in popups takes me to the relevant setting, so I always choose that option. Choosing "got it" or a similar option will change the specific setting. This is my observation.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Clicking on "settings" in popups takes me to the relevant setting, so I always choose that option. Choosing "got it" or a similar option will change the specific setting. This is my observation.
The point is that users shouldn't be continually prompted this way MS does it because they know many users are clueless.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Have you guys tried Edge's Enhance Video feature? It really makes a difference. It makes videos sharper and clearer. I'm really enjoying the difference. I've always preferred sharper images and videos. For images rendering, Firefox is still the king. But in this case for videos, this feature in Edge is making a difference even in my low-end AMD APU with no noticeable increased CPU/GPU usage. High end GPUs probably already has more enhancing options in Edge settings.
Here's a comparison between Firefox and Edge.

Firefox: f.png

Edge with Enhance video: e.png

You can see the difference in the screenshots but it's better to compare by yourself.

Sammo

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2012
Have you guys tried Edge's Enhance Video feature? It really makes a difference. It makes videos sharper and clearer. I'm really enjoying the difference. I've always preferred sharper images and videos. For images rendering, Firefox is still the king. But in this case for videos, this feature in Edge is making a difference even in my low-end AMD APU with no noticeable increased CPU/GPU usage. High end GPUs probably already has more enhancing options in Edge settings.
Here's a comparison between Firefox and Edge.

Firefox: View attachment 282967

Edge with Enhance video: View attachment 282966

You can see the difference in the screenshots but it's better to compare by yourself.
I use Chrome with the Stylish extension and the Lucid style and it's as good or better for me. Lucid comes from Opera.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.