bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Interesting that I see this now in Edge Settings
fF6dxiW.png

It's not present under Chrome (and I'm the sole user here... no "org").
FWIW ~ on my new Edge with O&O 1.7.1408
either of these On (green) causes "Your browser is managed..."
png_4636.png

Last edited:

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Just to follow-up on my post earlier to get speechtexterDOTcom working on Edge, I did the following...
  • returned O&O ShutUp to Windows defaults, rebooted... no success
  • returned Configure Defender to Windows defaults, rebooted... no success
  • reset Edge to defaults, rebooted... no success
  • uninstalled Edge, rebooted reinstalled Edge, no extensions activated, no success
  • ran mic test on Edge here... success
As for SpeechTexter... no go. I quit :mad:

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Got an update to version 80.0.361.62 today.
No changelog yet.
Hope it's an update for:

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Just to follow-up on my post earlier to get speechtexterDOTcom working on Edge, I did the following...
  • returned O&O ShutUp to Windows defaults, rebooted... no success
  • returned Configure Defender to Windows defaults, rebooted... no success
  • reset Edge to defaults, rebooted... no success
  • uninstalled Edge, rebooted reinstalled Edge, no extensions activated, no success
  • ran mic test on Edge here... success
As for SpeechTexter... no go. I quit :mad:
Did you try to restore the default Edge settings? (Settings >> Settings Menu >> Reset settings). You should also reset to default the tweaked settings via Edge://flags (use 'Reset All' in Edge://flags).
I have no problems with opening this website with Edge Chromium (stable version 80.0.361.62 Official build 64-bit) with H_C (ConfigureDefender set to Max, FirewallHardening all rules). If you tweaked Edge via Edge://flags , then one of the tweaked settings may cause the problem.

I also noticed that some links blocked by Edge, can be opened by right-click >> Open link in new tab.

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Got an update to version 80.0.361.62 today.
No changelog yet.
Hope it's an update for:
And it was...
Microsoft Edge VersionDate ReleasedBased on Chromium VersionChrome Release BlogHighest Severity Fix in ReleaseCVEs
80.0.361.622/25/202080.0.3987.122Chrome Releases BlogHighCVE-2020-6407, CVE-2020-6418 *

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Did you try to restore the default Edge settings? (Settings >> Settings Menu >> Reset settings). You should also reset to default the tweaked settings via Edge://flags (use 'Reset All' in Edge://flags).
I reset Edge settings without effect. I missed "flags"... Though I just did this and still no relief.

I'll give it all another go once I have time to reimage my machine as a backup.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Sampei Nihira

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2019
A question.
You have Prevent Edge from running in background?

But does the setting work or do you have to resort to Debotnet?

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
A question.
You have Prevent Edge from running in background?

But does the setting work or do you have to resort to Debotnet?
Chromium-based Edge doesn't run in the background if you change the setting "Continue running background apps when Microsoft Edge is closed" in edge://settings/system like all other chromium-based browsers.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Chromium-based Edge doesn't run in the background if you change the setting "Continue running background apps when Microsoft Edge is closed" in edge://settings/system like all other chromium-based browsers.
That was great information as the non chromium Edge sadly does, but O&O added an option to kill that and it works perfect.

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
That was great information as the non chromium Edge sadly does, but O&O added an option to kill that and it works perfect.
Those options are not in the recommended settings of O&O ShutUp10 and not needed when changing the setting I mentioned here:
There is no Edge running in the background on my system.
This was needed for the Old Edge.
Sorry, @upnorth that was the same as you were saying... :oops:

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
The adoption of the new Microsoft Edge browser keeps improving as more users consider the Chromium-based version a worthy alternative to the likes of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.

But according to new data provided by NetMarketShare for the month of February, it looks like Firefox is the one that’s the most affected by the arrival of the new Edge, as its market share fell substantially in the last few weeks.

In other words, Microsoft Edge is now very close to becoming the world’s second most-used desktop browser, with Firefox likely to drop to third place as soon as the next month.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.