Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Can confirm update working now
View attachment 256931
Yes, the new update to version 90.0.818.41 solved the download problems and you can also download extensions from the store again (y)

On Bleeping Computer:
Update: Microsoft is aware of the issue and stated that they are working on the problem. Some people have been able to get it to work by trying to perform the update a few times.
EDIT: We have seen reports that this is also occurring in today's Canary update. I wanted to ensure y'all knew we were investigating that in addition to Stable's error. Continue to try the potential work around below, and I will circle back with my next update once I have it.
EDIT: Some users have found that trying again a few times has resolved this for them. Please continue to check for the update to see if it will work for you, however it has not worked for everyone. I will continue to update this post as I get more information.
Update 4/16/21 08:15 PM EST: The servers are back up and running you can now update Microsoft Edge again.

razorfancy

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Nov 27, 2016
The "Show alerts when passwords are found in an online leak" option to enable Password Monitor still isnt available for me, this feature supposedly got released with v88 but we are already in v89 and that option still isnt available for me.

The feature I am talking about:
The Password Monitor option finally is available for me with Edge Chromium v90

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
This problem seems to have been resolved. The edges of the two pces have been successfully updated.

I've recently started using Malwarebytes Firewall Control, so I thought it was its fault. I hate when coincidences like this happen.
Despite the fact that recent Microsoft often fail with updates, users in the face of failure feel that they tend to doubt their environment first. This time I was reviewing my firewall settings many times.:rolleyes::coffee:

mkoundo

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jul 21, 2017
The Password Monitor option finally is available for me with Edge Chromium v90

Does it actually work though? Mine has been "scanning" for 30 minutes and still no results....

Untitled.png

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Does it actually work though? Mine has been "scanning" for 30 minutes and still no results....

View attachment 256978
For me, the scan was finish when i start Edge next day.
Don't know if servers are overloaded or it just need that time.
1618678666973.png
see the marked line which means "No new compromised passwords found" If i click on that arrow at right side, i got redirected to edge://settings/passwords/passwordMonitor:
1618678821530.png
As you can see on bottom:
"Compromised passwords: Last checked 1 hour ago"
it works (y)

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
[Microsoft Edge] Update Policies are Configured but will be Ignored because this Device isn’t Domain Joined
- Last updated on April 18, 2021 by VG
[...]
Microsoft Edge stable is still showing “Update policies are configured but will be ignored because this device isn’t domain joined” error message on About page.
I think it’s a Microsoft server side issue and should be resolved soon.

Last edited:

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
RahulNuthalapati Created on April 17, 2021
How to remove this update policy on edge 90??
Great White North Created on April 18, 2021
MS Edge v90.0.818.41 - Components Display "Status - Update Error"

Last edited:

mkoundo

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jul 21, 2017

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Release notes for Microsoft Edge Stable Channel
04/26/2021

These release notes provide information about new features and non-security updates that are included in the Microsoft Edge Stable Channel.

All the security updates are listed here.
Archived release notes for Microsoft Edge Stable Channel are located here.

For the Stable Channel, updates will roll out progressively over one or more days. To learn more, see Progressive rollouts for Microsoft Edge updates.

Version 90.0.818.49: April 26
Fixed various bugs and performance issues.

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
04/29/2021

These release notes provide information about new features and non-security updates that are included in the Microsoft Edge Stable Channel.

All the security updates are listed here.
Archived release notes for Microsoft Edge Stable Channel are located here.
To understand Microsoft Edge channels, see the Overview of the Microsoft Edge channels.

For the Stable Channel, updates will roll out progressively over one or more days. To learn more, see Progressive rollouts for Microsoft Edge updates.

Version 90.0.818.51: April 29
Stable channel security updates are listed here.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
April 29, 2021
Microsoft has released the latest Microsoft Edge Stable Channel (Version 90.0.818.51), which incorporates the latest Security Updates of the Chromium project. For more information, see the Security Update Guide.
Edge is now up to date with the latest security fixes from Google Chrome 90.0.4430.93 (y)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.