Serious Discussion Microsoft Edge Stable (Chromium) Now Available for Download

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
I am still using O&O ShutUp, but there I prefer to disable all related settings of Edge, I had a weird issue in the past, may be some people can remember about when certain settings in Edge was unable to change and marked as: "settings are managed by your organization" My guess this "issue" might be related to 3rd party tools for same purposes....

Important to mention, I had never other issues when using O&O ShutUp, so it's no tool what may breaks the whole OS ;)

I'm not talking about breaking the whole OS. Things acting weird, Windows Updates stop working correctly etc. It's been years so I do not recall all of the issues that I and others experienced.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I'm not talking about breaking the whole OS. Things acting weird, Windows Updates stop working correctly etc. It's been years so I do not recall all of the issues that I and others experienced.
I see and understand what you meant. I can remember about a few related issues been reported by other users of O&O ShutUp, probably in general it's a risk using tools for this purpose.
Lucky for me that I had no major issues so far, but that doesn't mean it never happens for other users. May depends what settings are applied, I chosen always tweaks as less as possible.

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
I see and understand what you meant. I can remember about a few related issues been reported by other users of O&O ShutUp, probably in general it's a risk using tools for this purpose.
Lucky for me that I had no major issues so far, but that doesn't mean it never happens for other users. May depends what settings are applied, I chosen always tweaks as less as possible.

Oh yeah, big time. Less is more. :)

Do you run Windows 10 or 11 by chance?

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I have sent an email to support at oo-software.com asking if this can be blocked in a new version of O&O ShutUp10++.
Got an answer:
Dear ,

Thank you for your suggestions, we have added them to our developer database.

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen
--

Senior Technical Support Engineer
(Names deleted for privacy reasons)

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

Microsoft Edge extension developers can now respond to user reviews​

Although people have been able to rate and review Microsoft Edge extensions for quite some time now, one capability that was missing up until today was allowing developers to respond to reviews. Microsoft has finally introduced this feature in the Microsoft Partner Center, enabling Edge extension developers to engage directly with their customers.

The Microsoft Partner Center now includes a Reviews dashboard that will allow developers to view all the reviews of their product and respond to them. A developer response will also be visible on the product details page of the extension.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I noticed among the many updates lately (not sure which) a few of the settings had reverted to default such as prefetching Edge, nothing major but perhaps worth going through the Edge settings? Just a thought.
This latest update did at least not change the manually disabled " Share browsing data with other Windows features ". Looking forward to when the developers at O&O implemented the request from @Gandalf_The_Grey .

mkoundo

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jul 21, 2017
I can't find it. Where is it?

Thanks

Untitled.png

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
When did they remove added protection button from toolbar?

I have to go into added protection settings, manually add sites there to get website working again
You mean that below or something different button? 🤔

button.png

With this update DDG is no more available as a search engine in MS Edge

How to set DDG as my search engine? What's the URL with %s in place of query?

Thanks

I am able to use DDG even after latest update, it's still in settings of my Edge, here is the "link"
Code:
URL with %s in place of query:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=%s

Last edited:

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Please take a look at this first

Microsoft Edge Bug March 2022 01: In this picture, a word has not yet been translated into German and certainly not into other languages

Microsoft Edge Bug February 2021 03: And here the word history must be written as history

In German

Bitte schaut euch erstmal das hier an

Microsoft Edge Bug März 2022 01: Auf diesem Bild wurde ein Wort noch nicht ins deutsche übersetzt und bestimmt auch noch nicht in andere Sprachen

Microsoft Edge Bug Februar 2021 03: Und hier muss das Wort verlauf so geschrieben werden Verlauf

Bitte korrigieren

Feedback wird gesendet und oder habe ich schon gemacht

Please correct

Feedback will be sent and or I have already done so

Kind regards
Mops21

Attachments

• Microsoft Edge Bug Februar 2021 03.jpg
    Microsoft Edge Bug Februar 2021 03.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Microsoft Edge Bug März 2022 01.jpg
    Microsoft Edge Bug März 2022 01.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 91

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Version 102.0.1245.30: May 31
New policies
Microsoft has released the latest Microsoft Edge Stable Channel (Version 102.0.1245.30), which incorporates the latest Security Updates of the Chromium project. For more information, see the Security Update Guide.

This update contains the following Microsoft Edge-specific updates:
Microsoft Edge VersionDate ReleasedBased on Chromium Version
102.0.1245.305/31/2022102.0.5005.61

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.