Microsoft flags CCleaner as Potentially Unwanted Application, deletes its files

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I have an occasional issue MS really ought to investigate usually but not always on the second Tuesday on there month here 18:00 hours where gigantic files are installed that have really messed things up without warning more than once - it seems I'm not alone either, the PC then takes several years to restart - This has caused more instability than even IOBIT & Avast software ever has - Seems it goes by the pseudonym of 'Windows Update' - The really sneaky part of this evil-ware is it poses as software to make Windows run safer :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
CCleaner was good back into the XP days but i will never use it again after it screwed with my downloads folder.
I still use the previous portable version. I think it is a convenient software because it can manage unnecessary files, tasks and installed software in one place. I'm interested in the future of this software. Compared with praise, bad reputation is often handed down.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.