Microsoft looks ready to launch Windows 11

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Windows Store apps can be sideloaded easily so probably the same would happen for Android apps sooner or later though it won't be recommended I believe.
[/QUOTE] You will have to get an amazon account to use android apps on windows because they will come from the amazon app store.
hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaSstf9VJGQ

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Ooooo, this is getting ugly. What the heck is the mad rush, MS? Hmmm? I just got kicked out of the Insiders Beta program. :mad: What's more, it was done completely in the background, I never knew it was happening. Wow!!

insiders 11.PNG

my insiders.PNG

I'm smelling a rat, Microsoft has historically NEVER moved so quickly on anything. Not even some CVs.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
10 is the person I'm dating, and 11 is the new movie actor I'm interested in. That's how I'm feeling at the moment, and I'll probably continue to play at dating until 2025, reading articles about actors on the web.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Thread author
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Ooooo, this is getting ugly. What the heck is the mad rush, MS? Hmmm? I just got kicked out of the Insiders Beta program. :mad: What's more, it was done completely in the background, I never knew it was happening. Wow!!

I'm smelling a rat, Microsoft has historically NEVER moved so quickly on anything. Not even some CVs.
What the ****! This is disgusting, awful. Refusing to update is one thing but simply kicking you out of the beta channel is horrible.
But no problem. You have ordered your TPM module, right? So you'll be able to join again when it arrives and even install 11 from the upcoming ISO.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I think they wants a security like Apple
The only way to do that is to sell windows as a set with a Microsoft pc.

I think it's a big advantage of Apple that the body and mind are provided together. Microsoft offers only the mind. This time 11 is that you were asked for the function of a young body called tpm.
By 2025, I'm guessing there could be an additional OS for older hardware, such as the limited functionality 11s.:unsure:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
What the ****! This is disgusting, awful. Refusing to update is one thing but simply kicking you out of the beta channel is horrible.
But no problem. You have ordered your TPM module, right? So you'll be able to join again when it arrives and even install 11 from the upcoming ISO.

Awww, thank you for the support, SeriousHoax, it was quite a surprise and not a pleasant one. 🤨

I posted an update to that in the other Windows 11 thread. Turns out someone helped me locate the TPM 2.0 in the BIOS so I was able to not only get reinstated (not that it matters anymore) but install Windows 11. It's not up to the hype, imo. It's OK, though, a side-upgrade from 10 in my opinion, with mainly cosmetic changes. The new Start Menu is nice.

Now I'm reading about scalpers and TPMs already. Human nature at its finest! 😒

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
What? he ordered it? why hurry up? lets see what happens once Windows 11 final out

By 2025, I'm guessing there could be an additional OS for older hardware, such as the limited functionality 11s.:unsure:

I feel like that Older CPUs users make a thread in Microsoft community about TPM maybe Microsoft CEO change his mind and remove TPM or something like this

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
It seems there's an additional service that starts up when you have TPM enabled. I found this via msconfig--it wasn't in the Task Manager list of Services.

tpmprovintel.PNG

I guess with the TPM requirement, this Intel (or AMD) service must be kept enabled. Also found out Paint (Just Paint) is no longer in the right-click context menu but I still got it by searching and pinning it to taskbar.
What? he ordered it?

Yes, SHE did. SHE will install it when it arrives later this week. Shouldn't be difficult. :whistle::coffee:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Thread author
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
It seems there's an additional service that starts up when you have TPM enabled. I found this via msconfig--it wasn't in the Task Manager list of Services.

View attachment 259359

I guess with the TPM requirement, this Intel (or AMD) service must be kept enabled. Also found out Paint (Just Paint) is no longer in the right-click context menu but I still got it by searching and pinning it to taskbar.

Yes, SHE did. SHE will install it when it arrives later this week. Shouldn't be difficult. :whistle::coffee:
I'm not seeing any extra service on my AMD system (Windows 10). Maybe it's an Intel-related thing or something new in Windows 11.
Surprised that paint is absent there. But keep in mind, you installed an early build that is incomplete and missing features. Even design-wise it doesn't have some features the official one will have. So we will have to wait till the insider build comes out to fully experience all the changes. Even then I read somewhere that features like installing Android apps might not be present in the insider build.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

View attachment 259359

On AMD there isn't such a thing.
Guess it's from some OEM package you installed. TPM is hardware and extra software isn't needed to use it.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I'm not seeing any extra service on my AMD system (Windows 10). Maybe it's an Intel-related thing or something new in Windows 11.
Surprised that paint is absent there. But keep in mind, you installed an early build that is incomplete and missing features.

You're right about the build--it's so easy to forget that this is only the beginning and things will change. However, maybe it's Paint 3D you're thinking of? MS did relegate that to Store app only but it's still in my Start menu. So it's gonna take time to straighten things out, it's too early. I use the regular Paint much more often so it's nice to see it's still there, just not as accessible.

I've had the three Intel Services in the last build of Windows 10 but they were disabled by me because they impeded shutdown on here. However, with the TPM requirement and Windows 11, I'm choosing to keep the Provisioning service enabled. It's a risk when you install leaked builds like this and I'm willing to take the risk.

Guess it's from some OEM package you installed. TPM is hardware and extra software isn't needed to use it.
I'm thinking it's a by-product of the Intel Management Engine Interface or something like that. my TPM was likewise enable in the BIOS, no problems.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.