New Update Microsoft PC Manager beta

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
It seems to me that they have just lumped together all the functions that have been normally available and made them easier to use.
I think it would have been a bit of a buzz if we had incorporated a registry cleanup.

How did I miss this thread...I'm slipping :)
That was one of my first thoughts, it just puts all of those steps I was manually doing, in one place.
If you have a device that maybe only has 8 GB of RAM, you may want to consider running it on demand, rather than allowing it to run at startup. It will still have its background running processes though, but just use about 1/2 the RAM.
Also, enabling the toolbar will wake more processes out of Efficiency Mode.

pc manager.jpg pc manager2.jpg
pc manager3.jpg

Last edited:

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
How do you disable the Microsoft periodic scanning it enables? i have tried to manually open windows security to disable it and it still shows up every time i restart L0L. unticking the setting is not working.

You're right, nice catch @nickstar1. It will only stay disabled if you uninstall PC Manager. It probably has to stay on, enabled, to allow the scan. I couldn't find a way to disable it in the PC Manager settings, either.

Last edited:

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
I meant the Feedback Hub, just to make sure we're on the same page.
Thank you for your thoughtfulness in posting that :)
I thought the same thing as I was typing it... "who's really going to see this anyway", is Bob sitting by himself at Feedback Hub (Starbucks) reading all of these, going to pass them along? :)

I did notice a higher CPU process while using the software, maybe a coincidence, but that process no longer shows at the top as it did after I uninstalled it. It was pretty consistent from 2 - 3.5% CPU.

extra process.jpg

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017

Microsoft Store

Homepage

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.