Advice Request Moving from LastPass to Bitwarden

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
We had the same problem.
My daughter used LastPass free on her laptop (browser extension) and her Android phone (app) and was locked out of the Android app while being at school because of the new Lastpass policy for free users.
You can only switch three times between mobile and desktop.
This was reason enough to switch to Bitwarden and we actually went for the paid family plan.

The resources below helped me with that switch, and it went fine and without any issues.
Bitwarden Password Manager Beginners Guide:

How To Use Bitwarden On Android:

Import Data from LastPass:
Bitwarden Help Center is available here:
But if you have Twitter the easiest and fastest way to get help is ask @Bitwarden on Twitter:

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
R.I.P LastPass Free. :'(
LastPass Free tier isn't being discontinued.

And Free users can switch Your Active Device, up to 3 times.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019

This is called “damage control”. Many users have migrated to other password managers and Lastpass was severely affected.

marcopaone

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 15, 2016

I know but 1 type of device is pretty useless.

JasonUK

Level 5
Apr 14, 2020
I don't use a password manager on a mobile device either, primarily as I wouldn't be confident the device was really secure. For the moment I'm keeping Lastpass installed but on my desktop I'm mainly using KeePassXC and its browser extension as it keeps the encrypted vault locally rather than on the cloud... works pretty well.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.