Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Important to look for tutorials, of the version you have installed, to add things and programs. Search the internet for the following..
"What to do after installing Ubuntu" > indicate the version you have.
Some of the browser hardening and banking protection you are talking about is not so important on linux, because its purpose is to protect you from malware lurking on your own system. But the protection that ensures you are securely connected, and to the right website, is still relevant. To tell you the truth, I don't know what browser will do that on linux.
I am sure others can help you here. I do banking etc on my home network, to which my computer has a wired connection, so I don't worry about that stuff or even know much about it.Maybe a VPN or DNS protection might help? I am not paranoid and I practice safe habits, so everything is gonna be fine.
I am sure others can help you here. I do banking etc on my home network, to which my computer has a wired connection, so I don't worry about that stuff or even know much about it.
Enjoy your linux experience! If you don't have a desperate need for Windows-only software, and you have the energy and ability to gain linux skills, linux is the way to go.
Personally I don't think you have anything to worry about at all. Even if you were in a public wifi spot, and someone snooping the network managed to hack into your machine, there is about zero chance he would be prepared to install malware on ubuntu.Most of the time I am connected to my home network (V-Tech router provided by my ISP) with client isolation enabled.
Plus maybe I am the only one using Ubuntu in the Gaza StripPersonally I don't think you have anything to worry about at all. Even if you were in a public wifi spot, and someone snooping the network managed to hack into your machine, there is about zero chance he would be prepared to install malware on ubuntu.
Hey, watch out! You better be careful. I am not very far from Gaza... LOLPlus maybe I am the only one using Ubuntu in the Gaza Strip![]()
Yea we're neighboursHey, watch out! You better be careful. I am not very far from Gaza... LOL
I believe Windscribe is a better option for me.I use Windscribe of a free 50GB promotion and Proton Vpn free, without any problem.
![]()
Help
Your go-to source for VPN expertise: the Windscribe Help center. Troubleshoot any issue that you may have, we’ve documented it all. Elevate your online privacy IQ with our comprehensive resources.esp.windscribe.com
![]()
Proton VPN on Linux | Proton VPN
Proton VPN offers a Linux GUI app (with a graphic user interface) and a Linux CLI (command-line tool) for various Linux platforms.protonvpn.com
I noticed some kind of issue (not sure if this is an expected behaviour) when I decrease the screen brightness to the lowest level. The screen turns black completely. Is this an issue?
I'll have to try myself and see if I get it as well. It may not be a bug, but by design. I know Apple does this with their computers (especially laptops). If you turn the brightness all the way down, it makes the screen go black, but once you turn it up, even 1 notch it comes back on. So it could be similar in that regard.
This is expected behavior. This happens on every linux distros I've tried so far. No worries.I noticed some kind of issue (not sure if this is an expected behaviour) when I decrease the screen brightness to the lowest level. The screen turns black completely. Is this an issue?
Thanks, I kind of figured as much, it sounded very similar to what Apple does, so I assumed it was the same. I couldn't verify it myself as I can't seem to find the brightness settings. Could be because I am running it in a VM.This is expected behavior. This happens on every linux distros I've tried so far. No worries.
I am curious why you're running linux in VM instead of dual boot.Thanks, I kind of figured as much, it sounded very similar to what Apple does, so I assumed it was the same. I couldn't verify it myself as I can't seem to find the brightness settings. Could be because I am running it in a VM.
In your experience, does Brave Shields (default settings) break online banking websites?
Plus maybe I am the only one using Ubuntu in the Gaza Strip![]()
You need it to protect from Mossad!![]()
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes