Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
This is added as one of my 2020 resolution.

For

- Multi-devices use
- Productivity work
- Net surfing
- Watch movies
- Light gaming (not requiring frame-synching, high refresh rates, high HDR features etc)

I’ve discussed the 49-in monitor vs 2x27-in monitors set up here
https://malwaretips.com/threads/comparing-set-up-of-monitors-49-in-monitor-vs-2x27-in monitors.102755/

White-Theme Desk Layout

After watching many youtube videos on minimalist desk setups I have chosen IKEA furniture with white-color theme for the following reasons

White and Black colors are the best colors to choose furniture from for they come with a wide range and selection of office and home furniture. Wood-color furniture with its different shades/grain/pattern are more difficult to find unless you pay for an expensive custom-order from a particular furniture shop.

White is preferred over black because

- It brightens the area especially the space below the desk and chair
- Dirt and liquid spillage can be easily seen
- Less attraction to mosquitoes

Of course white can become yellowish in time to come

Equipment and Accessories

1) LG 49-in UltraWide WL95C Monitor - already described on page 2

2) BELKAN 160cm(L)x80cm(D) desk

BEKANT Desk sit/stand - white. Shop here - IKEA

Some features

- It can take up to 100Kg so no issue even if stacked 2xLG 49-in monitors
- Comes with a cable management net below the table
- Deep 80cm desktop depth allows a bigger workspace
- Manual adjustable height

3) EKEDALEN Extended Table 80 - 120cm(L)x70cm(D)x75cm(H)

The BELKAN desk serves as my work desk whilst the laptops, tablet and phones are placed on the extended table.

EKEDALEN Extendable table - white - IKEA

- Also, added a SIGNUM cable management tray to the underside of the table
SIGNUM Cable trunking horizontal - silver-colour - IKEA

- And mounted a power strip to the vertical leg of the table for easy access.

4) ERGOEDGE Freedom Monitor Arm – Double

Currently, use to support my 17-in LG laptop and my MS SP3 tablet. Preparing for future 17-in laptop and/or monitor(s). Each arm can take a max load of 8Kg with monitor size from 27 to 32 inch.

Freedom™ Monitor Arm Singapore | Single or Double Monitor Mount

5) ALEX Drawer - placed to the side of the desk for more leg room

ALEX Drawer unit - white - IKEA
- The ALEX drawer has 5 shelves. Can’t find the right stationery tray so bought a cutlery tray from IKEA instead to serve the purpose. It’s also large enough to keep my 17-in LG GRAM laptop.

6) Herman Miller Aeron Remastered Chair Mineral (size ‘C’) - for better comfort and cooling of my back, buttocks and thighs. Largest size selected for bigger room between the thighs which doesn’t touch the raised sides of the chair and support of my shoulder blades. No headrest required as my head is resting on the top side of the chair. This is the most expensive item of my whole setup and is even more expensive than the LG 49-in ultrawide monitor.

Aeron Chairs - Herman Miller

7) LOGITECH Wireless Bluetooth Multi-Device Mouse and Keyboard

M720 Triathlon Mouse with the LOGITECH FLOW software can seamlessly move and operate between two laptops/PCs connected to the same monitor. FLOW allows seamless copy/move/paste content between two(2) devices. The mouse is resting on a LOGITECH G240 mouse pad. The mouse pad tends to slide after sometimes of use

Logitech M720 Triathlon Multi-Computer Wireless Mouse

Review of the mouse here

K780 Keyboard

Review

Logitech K780 Multi-Device Wireless Keyboard with Silent Typing

A full-size keyboard with Num pad and built-in slot to stand my phones and tablet thus eliminating the need of phone/tablet stands. Low profile and silent. No wrist rest required. Long battery life. Batteries are non-rechargeable. Unfortunately, keys are not backlit.

Review of M720 and K780 combo here

Both support 3x devices each for multi devices use. This separate combo is more suitable for home use. The devices selected are compatible to LOGITECH FLOW software.

8) Decor Items

Some bought from IKEA and some from other places. The plants are fake plastic. The dog on the right side of the desk is plastic whilst the whale on the left side is made of wood. Both are bought from other places.

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Looks great (y) Thanks for keeping us jealous / up to date :D
You have the wrong mouse and keyboard for a white desk:
View attachment 246039
Yup, I have considered the RAZER Productivity Suite. I have done an evaluation of it vs my LOGITECH kb/mouse combo with some reviews on the net. Remember, the RAZER kb/mouse combo was only released recently whereas the LOGITECH kb/mouse combo was released a few years back and was recently bought by me.

In fact, I do have a LOGITECH G240 mouse pad but I stopped using it 2 days back because I find it sliding after using it for some time

For the RAZER Productivity Suite

PROS

1) The mouse and kb can support 4 devices each using wireless 2.4GHz and bluetooth
2) Both have built-in battery which can be recharged when they goes flat
3) The kb comes with backlit lighting
4) The white and gray colors blend nicely with my desk, HM chair and the coasters

CONS

1) No indication when the batteries will be running out
2) Shorter battery life between charge
3) Takes half and hour to fully charge the batteries
4) Kb battery will run out over night if the backlight does not go into sleep mode
5) Mouse movement on mouse pad not entirely smooth
6) Mechanical kb a bit noisy
7) Kb is of high profile and needs a wrist rest
8) Needs separate charging cables for the kb(USB-C) and mouse(microUSB)
9) Kb has no built-in slot for standing phones/tablet
10) You'll need software like Synergy or Mouse without Borders to copy/paste/move contents between devices. This is NOT confirm but likely so since RAZER doers NOT have a software like the LOGITECH FLOW to serve this purpose. So far could not find any review or youtube video to confirm this point.

Last edited:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
After the above photo was taken, HarborFront then indulged in chocolate cake, Doritos and pizza--all night long! And drank liters of coffee and soda without using any coasters!

OK, no he probably didn't. But, it is jealousy-inducing a little. That area is so PRISTINE. o_O Is it not difficult to keep it that way?

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
After the above photo was taken, HarborFront then indulged in chocolate cake, Doritos and pizza--all night long! And drank liters of coffee and soda without using any coasters!

OK, no he probably didn't. But, it is jealousy-inducing a little. That area is so PRISTINE. o_O Is it not difficult to keep it that way?
No, I don't indulge in sweet and fatty food

Normally, I drink black coffee (without sugar and milk) bought from the supermarket, plain water and eat white bread. Even when outside I still drink it without sugar and milk. Oh yah I love to eat fruits

IMG_20200908_083842.jpg

And I love BELGIAN dark chocolates with no added sugar....only one small piece a day

IMG_20200908_084214.jpg

IMG_20200908_084155.jpg

:D

Last edited:

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Geeks called Japan "OTAKU" have no hesitation about investing in their hobbies. On the other hand, geeks tend to cut out unnecessary investment when they're not interested or interested.
Having a hobby that you can immerse yourself in is sometimes a target of jealousy.:):coffee:🌭

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I think ts nice when you can indulge yourself somewhat, I certainly have my faults but I'm fortunate not to have a jealous streak & I'm happy for those who may have more than me - I'm at a time of my life where my last of four children have left home & have more time to enjoy things, we aren't around long enough to be miserable :):)

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
In 2020 all my devices had to be renewed, the only good thing that came with covid.

Best Buys, Logitech MX Master 3 /laptop HUAWEI MateBook D 14
In evaluation, LG29 21/9
Worst Buy, JBL charge 4

My new resolution for 2020; learn again how to deal with a computer playfully.

Freud.jpg
Freud2.jpg
image2.jpeg

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
In 2020 all my devices had to be renewed, the only good thing that came with covid.

Best Buys, Logitech MX Master 3 /laptop HUAWEI MateBook D 14
In evaluation, LG29 21/9
Worst Buy, JBL charge 4

My new resolution for 2020; learn again how to deal with a computer playfully.

View attachment 246569View attachment 246570View attachment 246571
Is that a LOGITECH mouse you are using?

Will be adding to my audio collection soon

1) iFi Zen DAC and Zen CAN (headphone amp)
2) a set of small speakers onto my desk
3) Subwoofer
4) iFi iPower X to Zen CAN in item 1)
5) iFi AC iPurifier for my audio power strip
6) and an Open-Back Balanced Inputs 600 Ohm Headphone

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Just got myself a pair of HiFiMan HE5SE open-backed headphone for relaxation use. Also, bought the ZEN DAC and ZEN CAN(headphone amp) plus accessories from iPurifier like
- an active AC line purifier
- an active USB digital noise filter and
- a low noise power supply

for better audio quality (for the ZEN DAC/CAN) as well.

I picked up the HE5SE because it is promoting now at $400 less than usual price. Waiting for the custom-made 4.4mm connector cable to arrive for a better sound quality than the provided standard 3.5mm connector

Next up will be the iLoud Micro Monitors desktop speakers and the Adam Audio Sub7 subwoofer to complete my desktop audio setup for a small room

IMG_20200927_114235.jpg

Last edited:

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
DDG uses Bing and other sources. You can try the bang syntax, to get sent to Google.
Just got myself a pair of HiFiMan HE5SE open-backed headphone for relaxation use. Also, bought the ZEN DAC and ZEN CAN(headphone amp) plus accessories from iPurifier like
- an active AC line purifier
- an active USB digital noise filter and
- a low noise power supply

for better audio quality (for the ZEN DAC/CAN) as well.

I picked up the HE5SE because it has a promotion offer now at $400 less than usual price. Waiting for the custom-made 4.4mm connector cable to arrive for a better sound quality than the provided standard 3.5mm connector

Next up will be the iLoud Micro Monitors desktop speakers and the Adam Audio Sub7 subwoofer to complete my desktop audio setup for a small room

View attachment 246672

That's a couple of seriously good headphones you got there. I'm waiting myself for my new Audeze. I have an older pair of Audeze SINE to my phone when walking around, but I need a good pair to when I hear music home. It's Audeze LCD-x and the DAC is Chord Mojo. But I wouldn't mind using a ZEN DAC. I'm so excited to get them. Planar magnetics is the way to go.:p

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
@Nevi

If you intend to pick up the Audeze LCD-X I would suggest you take a good look at the HiFiMan Arya which is slightly more expensive.

On the net and youtube the HiFiMan Arya beats the LCD-X in all round performance except for strong bass with great punch and slam which the latter excels. The Focal Clear has the greatest punch and slam in the bass region. I'm speaking of headphones in this price range.

If you do only enjoy such strong-bass music then go for the LCD-X otherwise you'll need to EQ it to bring it to almost on par with the HiFiMan Arya in the other areas

For OTG use I do have the SONY 1000XM3 BT headphone

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.