Battle Need to replace Kaspersky :( What next?

Tibro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 10, 2017
Hello,

I really liked Kaspersky Anti-Virus, but i always found a bug what get me angry and hold me/prevent in my work. Now Kaspersky's new hobby is: closing Chrome windows if i'm using cloud services for a long time.
Enough now! :)

I need a good balanced antivirus whith good protection what let me use my PC! Got important documents but I'm using daily and cloud backup. Last known malware infection was ~6-7 years ago.
However it's a difficult question.
I don't need firewall and other additional stuffs just antivirus. I really don't need bugs anymore! Is itt possible?
Last
Here is some solutions, it tried each but i can't decide. Can you help me?

My work: Testing php based systems, softwares and websites. I'm using VPN and remote desktop too, and writing documents, supporting users etc.

F-Secure Safe: Here is not so much information about F-Secure long time. Why? I tried and system impact is very-very low but settings and notification/choice chance is zero.

Emsisoft: So-so. Has good protection but also buggy :(

ESET NOD32: Good system impact but descent protention. Thats right?

I tried bitdefender.. my god.. Bitdefender is slowing web-surfing like a hell.

Thanks!

Last edited:

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
your desire is not easy...every av can make some issues on a system.
and now 10 users will do advertisement for 10 av's.
I would try more trials from other companies like Bullguard, Gdata and so many others to find your best way.
and why do you think that eset has a descent protection?

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
I suggest either Emsisoft or Eset. I have not faced any major bugs with either of these two.
But the best practice is using the trial version and decide for yourself. And since you've tried them all, you should use the one that was least problematic and least annoying to you. A security product may perform great on one system but perform badly on another.

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
Looking at all of the various AV labs over the last few years suggests that the most consistently good performers are Kaspersky and Norton. So on that basis I would recommend switching to Norton.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Emsisoft. I'm not crazy about Emsisoft simplifying the program as much as they have. I would have liked to see more emphasis on creative communication with the user via clever alert technology than the current trend to very limited settings. One thing is the elimination of firewalling, using the Windows firewall instead. I am crazy about firewalls and really hope to see super smart walls in the future, so I hated to hear that Emsi will be using Windows Firewall. All of this said, I think it's still the best alternative to Kaspersky, although F-Secure seems to be getting better (uses Windows Firewall too :() while ESET has what appears to be the smartest firewall.

Emsi has really great cloud support, though, and really great internet protection. Haven't experienced any bugs here on the system I have it installed...

Fel Grossi

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Hello!

A good option is Forticlient. Easy to use, lightweight, has great signatures, great web protection, vulnerability scanning and exploit protection. Before I used COMODO, but a few months ago I switched to the Forticlient. Honestly, I have nothing to complain about. You could try.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
I don't know about Bd and Emsisoft. I love both Eset and F-secure.F-Secure has Dynamic protection while Eset lacks this protection(it has some but not that strong).
From my experience:
Eset LiveGrid(it use some advanced technologies)>F-Secure cloud
F-Secure webfiltering> Eset Web filtering
Eset resource usage<F-secure

F-Secure telemtry>Eset((it has almost 0 Telemetry if you disable it through settings But you cant do this for F-Secure cuz you lose the cloud protection(read Deep guard)))
F-Secure is not Customizable while Eset is highly tweakable.But Eset without the firewall is not strong!
Eset cloud technology:
Code:
CLOUD MALWARE PROTECTION SYSTEM
The ESET Cloud Malware Protection System is one of several technologies based on ESET’s LiveGrid® cloud system. Unknown, potentially malicious applications and other possible threats are monitored and submitted to the ESET cloud via the ESET LiveGrid® Feedback System. The samples collected are subjected to automatic sandboxing and behavioral analysis, which results in the creation of automated detections if malicious characteristics are confirmed. ESET clients learn about these automated detections via the ESET LiveGrid® Reputation System without the need to wait for the next detection engine update.

Deep guard technology:
https://www.f-secure.com/documents/996508/1030745/deepguard_whitepaper.pdf

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I tried Eset briefly before returning to Emsisoft. The firewall is indeed great. I wish EAM had firewall like that too. I never used EIS, so I wonder how good Emsisoft's firewall was.

Unfortunately the emisi Firewall has gone.
Currently it is a function to monitor the rules of Windows Firewall. It is not 'setting' but 'monitoring'.

D

Deleted member 65228

ESET has always felt light in my opinion and the Firewall component in the Internet Security version is very nice. They also have a good signatures, memory scanning engine and web protection.

Personally if you wanted a nice security suite I think that ESET NOD32/Internet Security would be an amazing choice.

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Go custome build: becauue in most IS 1 layers is fine rest is placebo.

SecureAPlus as multi scanner (why you wonna use simple 1 av while you can use multi scanner to take more database for more chanve detect virus)
Sandboxie - Good and light isolator with restriction
SpyShelterFW: Firewall / advanced HIPS + Antilogger / Keystore Encryption / SRP

If you rly wanna still standalone i can preffer comodo cause he have all layer secuirty on good level which i cant say about rest softwares.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.