ublock
Maintenance tools
without

neon

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 23, 2015
Maybe better Spyshelter Firewall ? I work long time on it.

Ok, I have installed Appguard Premium. Any suggest to config ?

Last edited by a moderator:

neon

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 23, 2015
04/22/16 10:56:27 Prevented <Google Chrome> from writing to <\registry\machine\software\wow6432node\google\update\clientstatemedium\{4dc8b4ca-1bda-483e-b5fa-d3c12e15b62d}>.
04/22/16 10:56:27 Prevented <Autofill Engine host for Chromium-based web browsers> from reading memory of <Google Chrome>.
04/22/16 10:56:27 Prevented <Google Chrome> from writing to <\registry\machine\software\wow6432node\google\update\clientstatemedium\{8a69d345-d564-463c-aff1-a69d9e530f96}\_numaccounts>.
04/22/16 10:55:21 Prevented process <igfxEM Module> from writing to <c:\intel\gp\profile_/////.dat>.
04/22/16 10:55:21 Prevented <igfxEM Module> from writing to <\registry\machine\software\intel\display\igfxcui\mediakeys>.
04/22/16 10:54:44 Prevented <Google Chrome> from writing to <\registry\machine\software\wow6432node\google\update\clientstatemedium\{8a69d345-d564-463c-aff1-a69d9e530f96}\_numaccounts>.
04/22/16 10:54:40 Prevented <Autofill Engine host for Chromium-based web browsers> from reading memory of <Google Chrome>.
04/22/16 10:54:39 Prevented <Google Chrome> from writing to <\registry\machine\software\wow6432node\google\update\clientstatemedium\{4dc8b4ca-1bda-483e-b5fa-d3c12e15b62d}>.
04/22/16 10:54:18 Protection level is set to <protected>.
04/22/16 10:53:45 Protection level is set to <protected>.

my activity report z Appguard
I worry about the igfxEM

H

hjlbx

ok I am installing the Appguard, i Hope that You will help me if i have some question ?
Do You think that is good to have Appguard and Spyshelter ?

On one system I used AppGuard + SpyShelter Firewall for a long time. I liked it because it was so light.

If I see you ask questions and I am online I will answer. Sometimes I go away for a while. Someone here or over at Wilders AppGuard and SpyShelter threads will respond.

There aren't too many active users of SpyShelter Firewall on the forums - so for answers it might take some time.

H

hjlbx

04/22/16 10:56:27 Prevented <Google Chrome> from writing to <\registry\machine\software\wow6432node\google\update\clientstatemedium\{4dc8b4ca-1bda-483e-b5fa-d3c12e15b62d}>.
04/22/16 10:56:27 Prevented <Autofill Engine host for Chromium-based web browsers> from reading memory of <Google Chrome>.
04/22/16 10:56:27 Prevented <Google Chrome> from writing to <\registry\machine\software\wow6432node\google\update\clientstatemedium\{8a69d345-d564-463c-aff1-a69d9e530f96}\_numaccounts>.
04/22/16 10:55:21 Prevented process <igfxEM Module> from writing to <c:\intel\gp\profile_/////.dat>.
04/22/16 10:55:21 Prevented <igfxEM Module> from writing to <\registry\machine\software\intel\display\igfxcui\mediakeys>.
04/22/16 10:54:44 Prevented <Google Chrome> from writing to <\registry\machine\software\wow6432node\google\update\clientstatemedium\{8a69d345-d564-463c-aff1-a69d9e530f96}\_numaccounts>.
04/22/16 10:54:40 Prevented <Autofill Engine host for Chromium-based web browsers> from reading memory of <Google Chrome>.
04/22/16 10:54:39 Prevented <Google Chrome> from writing to <\registry\machine\software\wow6432node\google\update\clientstatemedium\{4dc8b4ca-1bda-483e-b5fa-d3c12e15b62d}>.
04/22/16 10:54:18 Protection level is set to <protected>.
04/22/16 10:53:45 Protection level is set to <protected>.

my activity report z Appguard
I worry about the igfxEM

Here is the golden rule for AppGuard: unless a program is obviously not working correctly - ignore all the block events in Activity Report.

Blocks of writes to registry, logs, dat files, etc do not break anything. Those blocks are OK.

Blocks of reading and writing to memory of Guarded Apps is correct. Those blocks are OK.

If something isn't broken by a block event, ignore it.

H

hjlbx

Maybe better Spyshelter Firewall ? I work long time on it.

Ok, I have installed Appguard Premium. Any suggest to config ?

With AppGuard + SpyShelter Firewall there is no special config in AppGuard required.

neon

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 23, 2015
ok thanks but should i added spyshelter firewall in appguard in power application ?
Appguard and Spyshelter are be enought ?

which should be install first ?

What than with Windows defender ? Should turn off ?

Now I understood that You used :) and now You have Appguard and Sandboxie ?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
@neon
Please don't ask question after question in each post. Wait for an answer for the first question you were asking or take your time and ask everything you want in one post. Thank you

H

hjlbx

ok thanks but should i added spyshelter firewall in appguard in power application ?
Appguard and Spyshelter are be enought ?

which should be install first ?

What than with Windows defender ? Should turn off ?

Now I understood that You used :) and now You have Appguard and Sandboxie ?

You can add SpyShelter Firewall as a Power Application, but it is not necessary to do so in my experience. When a SpyShelter update is available I just lower AppGuard to Allow Installs, update SpyShelter, and then re-enable AppGuard.

You need an ad-blocker such as uBlock Origin.

Install SpyShelter Firewall first and create all your rules. Then install AppGuard. You will have to create rule for AppGuard driver and License Query.

Windows Defender - you can keep it on if you wish. If you want to disable it permanently on W10 you will have to do registry hack. Search for the hack online.

I still have SpyShelter Firewall on one system. AppGuard + Sandboxie on another. ReHIPS on another.

neon

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 23, 2015
Many thanks for reply.
now I was to fast because I have installed Appguard first. Maybe I will try the second from above and Before You have writen me that it's Yours favorit (AppGuard + Sandboxie).

I ask You again: Which do You like the best ? Because I have all license of this programs, I used this before my problems with machine. (I now maybe to much but It's for me very importan to config to well and comfort working machine).

Now i found that "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3147458) did this.

neon

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 23, 2015
I know that no problem but it had be minimal and very comfort and well working :)

H

hjlbx

@neon
  • Clean install Windows
  • Install the softs that you want on your system
  • Install Sandboxie
  • Install AppGuard
Following this method, you know your system is clean - and will remain clean - once you activate AppGuard.

No need for anti-exploit, no need for firewall, no need to add a bunch of other security softs.

Keep your system as static as possible.

Keep your system softs up to date.

Windows Defender is OK as long as it doesn't hog resources. If you find that it does, then use Webroot.

A lot of users fret about really advanced malware with sophisticated attacks. The likelihood that you experience one of those is very small.

You will have to try for yourself - trial-and-error - what works best for you on your specific system.

There is no right or wrong - it depends upon what you want from your security config.

Reactions: Noxx

neon

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 23, 2015
Thanks
If I have installed Appguard, should I uninstall it if I want to install Sandboxie. Then after that install Appguard ?
Any config for chrome in sandboxie ?

H

hjlbx

Thanks
If I have installed Appguard, should I uninstall it if I want to install Sandboxie. Then after that install Appguard ?
Any config for chrome in sandboxie ?

It doesn't really matter if you install AppGuard or Sandboxie first. With practice you will develop your own routine.

I would configure only Chrome to run inside its own sandbox.

neon

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 23, 2015
Ok, I understand. :)
Any practice to backup of system ?

H

hjlbx

Ok, I understand. :)
Any practice to backup of system ?

I don't backup system. I just back up files to cloud. If I get infected then I clean install OS. I have nothing on my systems of any value.

neon

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 23, 2015
Very clever :)
How can I backup files to cloud ? My config soon will be mage :) Do You know any promotion on webroot ?

I had yet problem with
updates KB3147461 and KB3147458.
Stops COM Surrogate and host proces I don't know should I uninstall this updates or leave it ?

H

hjlbx

Very clever :)
How can I backup files to cloud ? My config soon will be mage :) Do You know any promotion on webroot ?

I had yet problem with
updates KB3147461 and KB3147458.
Stops COM Surrogate and host proces I don't know should I uninstall this updates or leave it ?

Back up using One Drive.

I am not sure about KBs. It updates break something then I personally would uninstall, but I have not had a problem with Windows update in a over a year.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.