Battle New challenge: 5 paid Internet Security Suites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward ST

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 16, 2013
I launched a new challenge: 5 paid Internet Security Suites: Bitdefender Internet Security, Kaspersky Internet Security, Norton Internet Security, F-Secure Internet Security, G Data Internet Security and Avast Internet Security.

NOTE: All the suites are on the last version - 2013.
Thanks for all the votes and replies!

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013
Kaspersky Internet Security 2013* 25.00%
Norton Internet Security 2013*

Chose any of them,they'll offer same protection. Thought,I LOVE Norton,but I switched to Eset due some technical problems. They both are damn-frecking-best,in my opinion...just chose them. My list for top ten anti-viruses

7 : Bitdefender total security

6: Avast Internet Security

5 : AVG Internet security

4 : Eset smart security

3 : Kaspersky Internet Seucrity (ONLY,because it does not have great performance like Eset)

2 : Norton Internet Security (few false-positives but plays like a boss)

1 : Comodo Internet Security Premium

D

Deleted member 178

He polled 5 definite suites, why you ask him about others? just answer his poll instead of asking your favorite suite...

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013
Umbra Corp. said:
He polled 5 definite suites, why you ask him about others? just answer his poll instead of asking your favorite suite...

Did you refer me? I said KIS or NIS already...also made my opinions...

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:

In that case Kaspersky Internet Security.

D

Deleted member 178

Payback said:
Did you refer me? I said KIS or NIS already...also made my opinions...

not you, you answered properly.

i will go Avast because it has many useful features, a very good detection rate and it is very light on system.

VectorFool

Verified
Dec 17, 2012
I would vote for Kaspersky over the allegedly better performing Bitdefender (Detection, Protection etc)
for the following reasons

1)Much Better Firewall (Matousec 64 bit)
2)No bugs(none that i encountered)
3)Speedier System Scan speed(48 mins over 80 minutes of Bitdefender)
4)Better protection against 0-day malware (MRG effitas)
5)System remains usable even during Full system Scan with High Heuristics
6)Better accessability of quarantined files
7)Granular settings (tweak friendly)

8)In some tests Bitdefender performs best, in some tests not so well, so it is a subjective opinion.
I am yet to come across a test/review/comparative which doesn't place Kaspersky among the Top 3
while the same can not be said for any other product.
so i guess the perceived performance of Kaspersky is pretty much unanimous.

9)Much tighter self protection

P

Plexx

TechStyle said:
I launched a new challenge: 5 paid Internet Security Suites: Bitdefender Internet Security, Kaspersky Internet Security, Norton Internet Security, F-Secure Internet Security, G Data Internet Security and Avast Internet Security.

NOTE: All the suites are on the last version - 2013.
Thanks for all the votes and replies!

You do know that without mentioning what areas you want a comparison, you will simply get biased and personal opinions right?

KIS users will say KIS, BD users will say BD and the list goes on.

For these type of A or B polls, you will need to draw the line of comparison.

This will just end up a collective thread of several A vs B threads already in existence here in MT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.