New Kaspersky 2020 English available

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Looks good, what does miiff me still (& i know I go on about this is it) but it continues to double my ping fron 15 to 30 or more on any VPN & to knock 20 meg+ off my speed consistently - I do realise I don't have to use KIS but I do rather like Kaspersky, but EAM, Norton/Symantec/ESET/G-Data & McAfee for example don't do this.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I have an Optic Fiber connection 100MBs symmetric, and made yesterday some speed tests with FF67.0.1 x64... and it general I got almost the full speed (did not test with any VPN), I even download Ubuntu Desktop iso file in direct download and FF got me constant speed of 11,3MBs... but it's truth that users with higher speeds complained about that issue with previous Kaspersky versions...

Try with a direct download...

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
It's fine without a VPN, with virtually no slowdown on hybrid fibre whatsoever, but as I use a VPN always, (again choices) it's somewhat an issue for me :)

Edited grammar

Last edited:

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
I will wait for the GDPR version. In the meantime, can people post screenshots? Does it look different? :D

Reactions: upnorth

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Yeah, for now there is no KSCF nor KFA 2020 available, but these versions usually are released later...
From changelog:
  • It is now possible to switch to Kaspersky Free after the license for the paid version of the application expires, or when the user uninstalls the paid application (not available in all regions).

From changelog:
  • It is now possible to switch to Kaspersky Free after the license for the paid version of the application expires, or when the user uninstalls the paid application (not available in all regions).
I installed KIS 20 english, and when I uninstalled it, I was not offered KFA.
Download speed was awesome.
Patch B was not offered.
Windows Defender blocked two installation files but the installation still succeeded.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I installed KIS 20 english, and when I uninstalled it, I was not offered KFA.
I still didn't try it... did You delete previously Your license? also it says not applicable in all regions, anyway I guess all those services probably not implemented yet...

I still did not get Patch B in my K2020 systems either...

Reactions: stefanos

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Screenshot (2).png

I felt that 2020 version is a bit heavier than 2019 one. Full system scan took a little longer. Did they change anything in the interface? I feel the font is in bold? Anyway, everything is running as it should.

Edit. Still no batch B

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.