New, redesigned Brave Desktop Browser v1.0 - Beta Released

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Does it run in appcontainer on Windows 10, like Chrome does?
If you enable AppContainer in flags it does.
Untitled.png

Last edited:

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
Try out slimjet, and theres zero memory usage

Anyways brave is buggy somehow, it has potential but

nano adblocker > brave adblocking
tunnelbear > brave fingerprint protection
https everywhere = default on every browser nowadays

But are conveniently built in to Brave.

I have seen that some are using an extension called
Trace to enhance Braves fingerprint protection however that might not be a bad idea.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
As a browser who's first interest is security is good.
But when it comes down to functionality and easy of use Brave ends up way down the order.
It's a good browser but needs more work.
That's why i am using another chromium browser.
But this applies to my system.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I have to take my words back about brave, when enabled script blocking/ fingerprint protection its pretty good without any extensions. Doesnt stop cookie messages on some sites, but pretty good blocking most annoying scripts

So brave is pretty good as naked, but may install nano on medium mode and just disable built in script blocking

Edit: well installed all same extensions as i have on chrome. Just extra privacy by braves fingerprint protection is enough to use this browser over chrome

Last edited:

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
How do you use AppContainer. Also another thing with Brave you can also use an Incognito tab with Tor.

~LDogg

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
How do you use AppContainer.
Open Brave, copy & paste
chrome://flags/#enable-appcontainer
into the address bar and switch Enable AppContainer Lockdown from default to enabled.

Is it really loading things faster than Chrome?
Compared to vanilla Chrome, yes. Whether it's faster than Chrome + uBlock Origin with the same filter lists and cosmetic filtering disabled + HTTPS Everywhere I couldn't tell you. Saying that, with how much HTTPS Everywhere's extension slows down page load times I wouldn't be surprised if Brave were faster.

Last edited:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
For me its definitely faster than google chrome, since i dont have to use fingerprint protection extensions, since brave has built in

I just dislike the black padlock so im using normal interface to have it as green

brave243535.png

How do you use AppContainer. Also another thing with Brave you can also use an Incognito tab with Tor.

~LDogg
Or just search 'container' @ flags

You can also enable site strict isolation feature if you want to, just search ' isolation '

And for the ui chance search ' interface '

Reactions: oldschool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.