Status
Not open for further replies.

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Since I do not know if it was just for me, I will place this warning here. After I updated to version 8.0.2.0 I could no longer start SlimJet after I exited the browser I kept getting a server warning for Slimjet.exe. So I give this warning just in case.

8.0.2.0 (2/28/16)

• Fix "New Tab" button display issue when windows display percentage is set to 150%.

Download: Download the fastest web browser for Windows and Linux for free.

Should any one try it out and get the same problem then here is a link for version 8.0.1.0 on Filehippo.

Slimjet 8.0.1.0

Last edited:

Smoke

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2014
For a while now Slimjet and Emsisoft IS don't get along with each other, at first is was mostly just when you install. Emsisoft would say that SJ was attempting to modify documents in a suspicious manner but since the last update when you launch/install Emsisoft mentions Spyware backdoor LAN and has to restart the PC to remove the "infection".

I don't believe it's infected but the 2 programs don't get along right now, if the Slimjet team could work with Emsisoft to figure out why the errors are happening that would be great.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
For a while now Slimjet and Emsisoft IS don't get along with each other, at first is was mostly just when you install. Emsisoft would say that SJ was attempting to modify documents in a suspicious manner but since the last update when you launch/install Emsisoft mentions Spyware backdoor LAN and has to restart the PC to remove the "infection".

I don't believe it's infected but the 2 programs don't get along right now, if the Slimjet team could work with Emsisoft to figure out why the errors are happening that would be great.
I agree 100% with this. ;)

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012

I send a online Feedback to Slimjet about that, ( Even though I am certain you did that yourselves already. ) and lets wait and see if they will come up with a fix for your and Frogboys ( And others. ) problem.

gonzalo

Level 2
Verified
May 20, 2014
Im trying the portable version right now, and is pretty good, literally fly :eek:
also, the privacy/tracking settings are excelent, cause you dont need to install ghostery or other crap to do the job.

And for the last, the memory usage, you can clearly see the diference betwen the original.

10/10
5DJi3cu.gif

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015

My good man that gif alone earned you a like. Kimmy boy is a real funny guy in the "I'm insane" way. With the only PC in North Korea, I'm sure he uses Slimjet to watch his favorite Western movies.

Well I really came here to comment on Slimjet and many others like Cent Browser not being a little faster with implementing the latest build of Chromium engine. I do realize they make sure it's very stable but still, sometime security take priority. Slimjet releases a beta then within 3 days typically it is finalized. Come on guy, we're willing to test a true beta for you. If it crashes, it's all good bro.

Also thanks to everyone who posts updates on this. I always see this thread WAY before Slimjet tells me update is ready.

SkepT

Level 1
Verified
Jan 26, 2015
8.0.5.0 (3/13/16)
  • Added support for using background video on new tab page (online background video library will be available pretty soon).
  • Adjust layout of the new tab page to allow more viewable portion of the background image/video on the new tab page.
Download: Slimjet

Smoke

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2014
I think I'll have to lay off using Slimjet until it and Emsisoft can become a happy family once more. :rolleyes:

Smoke

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2014
Mentioned it on this thread a while back and you said you sent them online feedback about it. I didn't get around to it but I'll do it now. Granted the problems the two have with each other is better than what it was before but there's still problems.

clipimage.jpg

That appears every now and again when you close down the browser, a few times per day. It makes me feel like the browser is trying to send off some information when I close Slimjet but I doubt that's the case. Either way it's a pain.

It used to be that the problem above would make it so Slimjet was unusable until you re-installed it because Emsisoft would force a restart of the PC to remove the infection, regardless of if I wanted it to or not. Thankfully that no longer happens but this one still does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.