Advice Request NextDNS thoughts and experiences?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

F

ForgottenSeer 78429

Hi - Since some updates on Windows 10 ago.... Try to launch the NextDNS App as Admin in Windows. Then the issue should be gone. Or if you use a browser with its own DNS Settings try to point them to NextDNS first. :D

Sincerely
Val.
For me problem was DNS leak. There were my ISP's nameservers along with NextDNS. But with YogaDNS no leak. Currently running Adguard Home Windows service because it support DoT too and with custom lists, reduced queries for NextDNS. So I don't think I will install NextDNS app but it may be helpful for others.

valvaris

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 26, 2015
The connection response time (ping) can be tested:

I get:
Thanks @security123

MIne are:
1604348541286.png

Up until now I have a nicer DNS experience with NextDNS and am very happy with it.

Best regards
Val.

valvaris

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 26, 2015
@Spawn

NextDNS and XBOX Services are working for me on Windows 10. But since I do not play online coop or MMO your Firewall needs to be setup for IPv6 Teredo Ports (Best practice).

Troubleshooting is easy -> If you have allot of Filter Lists active on NextDNS check logs for the XBOX Services and Whitelist them. After that do a "ipconfig /flushdns"

If you have Port Issues look at Microsoft Documentation -> Open these network ports for Xbox One

and (Teredo) -> Manage connections from Windows 10 operating system components to Microsoft services - Windows Privacy

Do not forget some ports need to be NATed to work properly (DNAT) Rules -> Your guide to Xbox One NAT and port forwarding

For Windows 10 XBOX Services Test go to -> START -> Settings -> XBOX -> Xbox Networking and start the Test

Sometimes run the Fix it that will reset the Teredo Port to Default values.

Best regards
Val.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Trying NextDNS after reading all the praise in the forum. Is there any way to block Reddit's promoted posts with it?
that's not possible for the same reason why Youtube ads can't be blocked:
This is a website element and not a own domain which can be blocked with DNS.

So you can hide or block the element but not with any DNS solution.
On mobile where i use Vanadium browser, i get the promoted posts too because of that. It's little bit annoying but okay.

valvaris

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 26, 2015
Careful with this! Since I only browse specific sites and use Ublock Origin in Advanced mode with 3rd Party scripts and frames on Block. Things can break but is manageable for me.
1604764570716.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.