Status
Not open for further replies.

SearchLight

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
Isn't beta build 3.1.29032015 the last free beta build?

Everyone here keeps providing links for 3.1.24062015 saying this is the last and best except for one poster from whom I downloaded this higher numbered version JasonX:

See it here at this link: NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro turns Freeware

Can someone confirm?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Isn't beta build 3.1.29032015 the last free beta build?

Everyone here keeps providing links for 3.1.24062015 saying this is the last and best except for one poster from whom I downloaded this higher numbered version from here:

NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro turns Freeware

Can someone confirm?
Latest is called EXERadar_Pro_x86_x64_v3.1_24062015_BUILD1
But the differences between the two are very small.
The easiest way to tell which is newer is by checking the month. For instance, in the file name I mentioned, the month is represented by the numerals 06. So it came out on the 24th of June, 2015. That tells us which version is older or newer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
Hello, do I add some new protected process? Thank you. Or, nothing has changed since then, and the ERP has been released.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Hello, do I add some new protected process? Thank you. Or, nothing has changed since then, and the ERP has been released.
You can add to the vulnerable processes list, if you want to, the most popular addition seems to be mshta.exe (there are two of these on a 64 bit system).
But there are no critical additions to make.

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
[QUOTE = "shmu26, post: 672108, member: 37647"] You can add to the vulnerable processes list, if you want to, the most popular addition seems to be mshta.exe (there are two of these on a 64 bit system).[/CITÁT]
thanks to something else to improve ERP has not used it for a long time.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
[QUOTE = "shmu26, post: 672108, member: 37647"] You can add to the vulnerable processes list, if you want to, the most popular addition seems to be mshta.exe (there are two of these on a 64 bit system).[/CITÁT]
thanks to something else to improve ERP has not used it for a long time.
As far as I know, there are no other significant improvements you need to make. @Lockdown is an expert on vulnerable processes, maybe he knows about some big, new offenders that have come along. But I don't think there are.

As far as I know, there are no other significant improvements you need to make. @Lockdown is an expert on vulnerable processes, maybe he knows about some big, new offenders that have come along. But I don't think there are.

The vulnerable process list evolves a little bit over time; some processes on the list are deleted while new ones are added.

The best advice is for a user to familiarize themselves with what are generally considered vulnerable processes and understand what configuring such processes within their security product of choice accomplishes and what to expect. More or less observation and practice. This is quite a valuable bit of knowledge\skill - whatever one wishes to call it. Far, far more valuable than the best signature detection.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Anyone running the beta, any surprises inside? :D
When it actually comes out, it will be great.
I tried the private beta. It is really just a proof of concept, it does not have all the necessary components working yet. On one machine, it took me a few boots before I could get past a black screen (I stupidly tried it out on the laptop while away on vacation, with no backup/restore media available...)
On another machine, I could not use it, because the driver is not yet co-signed by Microsoft, so you have to disable secure boot on certain versions of Windows 10.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
There are various screenshots of the new program on the thread on the other site.
If anyone is curious what the new version does, the screenshots pretty much tell you, I think.
There is a rule maker, and also the addition of parent process to whitelisting, if I remember right.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Thanks for all the replies. Yes, I am sure it will be great. However, I can tell I will be confused for a couple of weeks over the addition of the parent settings LOL and with the rule builder too.
The parent settings is very cool, because it gives you much more granular control over what your whitelisted processes are doing. You will figure it out right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.