Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Do you think it would be a good idea add this functionality to OSArmor?
OSA want to be an additional layer of security independently from the AV you choose.
Thanks. HP fax works without OSArmor. But I should mention that Windows Defender exploit guard also blocks it.@shmu26
Try this:
1) On OSArmor open the Configurator -> Settings -> and check "Enable passive logging (do not block the process, just log the event)"
2) Now try to print to HP fax and if nothing is present in the Logs of OSArmor, then it should not be an issues related to OSArmor.
3) You may additionally try also to uninstall OSArmor, try to print to HP and see if it work.
still remembered my customizations in the advanced tab.
Really strange. No issues on my computer.After installing version 26, I put it in passive mode. No logs were created.
Then I disabled passive mode, and for some reason, I could not get OSA to block anything.
I ticked powershell, but it ran. I ticked cmd.exe, but it ran. I ticked appdata, but it ran.
I uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, reverted to default settings, no luck. Can't get it to block anything. Weird.
Can't figure out what could block it. I am running Windows Defender and Appguard. Neither of them are known to interfere with OSA as far as I know. I also have Avast free in passive mode (no active protection). Maybe that is the culprit?Really strange. No issues on my computer.
Probably, something blocks OSArmor on your computer???
So it turns out it was Avast free in passive mode. That was kind of unexpected. Now OSA is working again.Can't figure out what could block it. I am running Windows Defender and Appguard. Neither of them are known to interfere with OSA as far as I know. I also have Avast free in passive mode (no active protection). Maybe that is the culprit?
Default on both is fine. Also custom settings on both is fine, as far as I have seen so far.Is there any change that we need to make in AppGuard to works fine with OSArmor, or both default settings are fine?
Default on both is fine. Also custom settings on both is fine, as far as I have seen so far.
So it turns out it was Avast free in passive mode. That was kind of unexpected. Now OSA is working again.
I had a conflict last week between Avast free and OSArmor. I was running Avast free in passive mode, and it was preventing OSArmor from actually blocking the things it is supposed to block. You would only know if you tested it, because everything "looked" as if it was running properly.
now, I'm not using avast anymore until they fix high memory usage and stop bugging the AV. Then I will comeback@Evjl's Rain
Do you have any solution for this issue bro? As far as I aware; I think you faced the same issue a couple months ago with Comodo Firewall and you fixed that by adding an exclusion for Comodo Firewall in Avast's settingsI would greatly appreciate it if you could teach us a way to fix that issue. Thanks
Okay, but it is so easy to make exceptions. It is even easier than uninstalling.uninstalled it after 5 minutes since it blocked legitimate software as well.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes