Advice Request Number of Web Browsers installed on your PC?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
Seen a few ways to do from using shortcut flags to about flags but probably best one is the following Display settings -> Graphic settings -> Choose an app to set preference: Classic App -> Browse -> Firefox.exe (Brave in your case) -> Firefox (Button that appears below the browse button) -> Options. I then chose Power Saving which makes your browser use the iGPU. High Performance would make the browser use your dedicated GPU.
better then any other alternative since an update won't break it, unlike every other workaround.
It worked

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I have 2.
  1. Firefox - Primary
  2. MS Edge - Secondary
Overall Firefox performs much better and smooth on my laptop. Chromium browsers hardware acceleration doesn't cope well with my system and create rendering lag while switching tabs which is quite surprising. Turning it off improves things but that puts a bit extra pressure on the CPU and lags on some rare GPU dependent sites.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.