Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Opera Desktop Ad.

Opera was not open.
1596819149279.png

I had to check my Opera settings, and it was off.
1596819302615.png

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
A tip is to scroll down and also read the users comments. That normally highlight general issues. Personal I been lucky so far and didn't get that ad.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

plat

Level 29
Thread author
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Opera stable version 70.0.3728.133 is available thru your browser's updater. :)

Changelog for 70
70.0.3728.133 – 2020-08-25 blog post
  • CHR-8053 Update chromium on desktop-stable-84-3728 to 84.0.4147.125
  • DNA-87289 Crash at views::NativeWidgetMacNSWindowHost::OnNativeViewHostDetach(views::View const*)
  • DNA-87831 [Linux] Sidebar panel cannot be pinned
  • DNA-88057 [Win] Black rectangle flickers at the bottom of the page on startup
  • DNA-88157 Sidebar Messenger too low in FullScreen mode
  • DNA-88238 [macOS 10.15] Toolbar buttons not visible on inactive tab
Opera download page (for beta, GTX, etc)

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I'm not sure how long this " issue " been going on, but every single time I'm on the speeddial page and have one extra tab open or more, as soon I click that other tab and then go back by clicking on the speeddial tab, it always and 100% consistent scrolls back up to the top. I am always forced to scroll down again where I initially was. With many sites saved, it get's pretty annoying.

Anyone else noticed the same? :unsure:

Btw, I have reported this to the Opera team, but I'm still curious to listen from others.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Tutorial link/option added in the sidebar.

plat

Level 29
Thread author
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Been having a problem w/Opera this morning. After update to .200, both of my addons went missing, even though Opera's addons store claimed uBlock Origin specifically was installed. On a whim, I checked for another update and sure enough, there was one.

New version: 72.0.3815.207. Unfortunately, still can't find uBlock Origin. Hmmmm. Was this an expected outcome? For now, I have the Opera adblocker enabled. There's no changelog yet on the blogs page. Anyone have some insight?

no extopera.PNG

plat

Level 29
Thread author
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Yes, I looked for that, it's that cube icon, right? In my snip, you can see it's not there. Do you still have yours?

I tried reinstalling Opera just now, no dice. Microsoft Edge still has both my addons so I'm gonna have to figure something out on here. :mad:

Edit: Found them. I had to access the Extensions from the Settings sidebar. Once I did that, the cube re-appeared and I was able to toggle Trace and uBO back on. Phew, I wonder what happened? But now, Opera's good. (y) By the way, that blue dot by downloads signifies Vivaldi was about to be installed....👿

ext back.PNG

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
2020-11-10-16-14-18.jpg

Hopefully the sidebars notifications for extension updates also got fixed. But I noted that only seems to occur on a SUA ( standard user account ). :unsure:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Hello,

this is Opera Stable update. It is based on chromium 88.0.4302.0 and has some Player fixes inside.

Full changelog is here.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Welcome everyone,

Today we’re happy to inform you that Opera 73 is now on the Stable branch, and getting better every day!

Search Tabs with close buttons

We’ve added another improvement to the Search Tabs feature. Every open tab line in your Search Tabs results now has a close button. The close button is visible when you select or hover over a line, similar to the behavior in the address bar dropdown.

Clicking the close button closes that particular tab. The closed tab is removed from the open tabs list (since it’s no longer open), and added to the recently closed list (since it has been recently closed).

More workspaces

The workspaces feature has been getting a lot of use, which means requests from its users – like the addition of more workspaces. Previously the limit was 5, but now you can have up to 24 individual workspaces – one for each of the icons.
Full changelog is here.

Installation links:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.