Status
Not open for further replies.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I'm testing MWT 2018 BETA X with FFQ 59.0.3 x64, and with the latest changes, the text appears quite blur and light, difficult to read in some sections of the forum even in 120% of ZOOM:
1525284310084.png
Also size of the text in some sections is very small, even at 120%...

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I switched to the Midnight them yesterday. Now, for the first time since the upgrade, the notification icon is updating when I have notifications.

I still think an "Unread Watched Threads" option is needed, as quite often there are replies to threads which I miss.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I'm testing MWT 2018 BETA X with FFQ 59.0.3 x64, and with the latest changes, the text appears quite blur and light, difficult to read in some sections of the forum even in 120% of ZOOM:

This could easily be remedied either on the website side, or on the user side.
As I've already mentioned elsewhere (for Firefox e.g. Post #10 here: Add-on - Tracking prevention add-ons: Facebook Container, Twitter Container, Google Container, Youtube Container, Firefox Multi-Account Containers then on Post #12) - it's about setting greater value under "Minimum font size".

On your side, you can do this easily:

In Chrome, go to Settings/Web content/Customize fonts - then scroll down, and push the "Minimum font size" value from none to 15-17 (I've value 17...) - and click "Done".
I've too Page zoom set to 110%.

In Firefox - look on my link for details, and unnotch "Allow pages to choose their own fonts"...

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
... well, I don't know if it would be easy to change this on the website, sorry...

MT logo big.png

MT logo is very pretty, colors and design, it's the historical sign of website recognition, would be a waste to abandon it, on the Midnight theme...just my humble opinion

Last edited:

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello, I would like to indicate in my profile that I am using Arch Linux, unfortunately this is not possible because there is a predefined selection. How about the option to get a text field where you can enter the Linux operating system on your own? Thanks @Jack !
Sure, it will be added. Thanks for the suggestion.
I see that the like system changes a lot these days.
What are your thoughts @Jack about it?
Hey,
Yes, yesterday we were tweaking the Like system. : ) Basically we want to add a few more reactions to the Like button, however nothing is set yet.
MT logo is very pretty, colors and design, it's the historical sign of website recognition, would be a waste to abandon it, on the Midnight theme...just my humble opinion
We won't get rid of the icon, in fact on mobile & tablet is still our default logo -without any text. Also what's to be noted is the fact that the MalwareTips text has a distinctive font, so even by its own it should be easy to recognize.
With that being said, we will most likely drop the "Your Security Advisor" tag line from our logo because we will use a one line header so having too much text won't look that good.
I switched to the Midnight them yesterday. Now, for the first time since the upgrade, the notification icon is updating when I have notifications.

I still think an "Unread Watched Threads" option is needed, as quite often there are replies to threads which I miss.
Great, really happy that everything is working now!
And I'll add a "Unread Watched Threads" option in the drop-down menu of the navigation (under Forums).
I've used a smaller font because it looks better but I can bump up the font-size for the sidebar and other parts were is 12px or below. Is the text still blurry?

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Great, really happy that everything is working now!
Today, it's not working again. I get not notifications. I have to click on icon to see if there are any notifications. It was working fine all day yesterday.
And I'll add a "Unread Watched Threads" option in the drop-down menu of the navigation (under Forums).
Thanks.

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Hi @Jack, just a little feedback on the Beta X and things look a bit weird at my end. I'm getting black squares that are blocking out bits of the site when scrolling, they move around as i scroll, sometimes 5 or more on my window, smilies seem to be out sync and i find the text a bit pale, i have compared the text to the other styles and it looks pretty much the same colour but for some reason it is harder to read (maybe there is a difference in the actual background colour which makes the text seem paler and harder to read. I do however like the blue header banner :).
MT 1.JPGMT 2.JPGMT 3.JPG

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hi @Jack, just a little feedback on the Beta X and things look a bit weird at my end. I'm getting black squares that are blocking out bits of the site when scrolling, they move around as i scroll, sometimes 5 or more on my window, smilies seem to be out sync and i find the text a bit pale, i have compared the text to the other styles and it looks pretty much the same colour but for some reason it is harder to read (maybe there is a difference in the actual background colour which makes the text seem paler and harder to read. I do however like the blue header banner :).
View attachment 188112View attachment 188113View attachment 188114
@Jack: thanks it seems a bit better now, anyway You can check the difference of the text darkness in new beta skin, is still a bit light, using the same settings in my FFQ, same zoom at 120%:
We've switched the font set, lets go back to our classic font.

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
(y) @Jack, looks much better. Figured out the smilie misalignment, that seems to happen when i zoom anything above 100% and the black squares seem to be a Chrome problem but for the moment i am back on MalwareTips 2018 theme, i think i prefer that layout, at least for now until i get used to the new site :p

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Forgive me @Jack for a criticism (hopefully it's seen as a constructive one) If i want to write a new profile post, there is nowhere within the profile posts page to do it. I have to come out and onto the main forum page and post from there, is this intentional ? It just seems like another waste of a click :LOL:

D

Deleted member 65228

Forgive me @Jack for a criticism (hopefully it's seen as a constructive one) If i want to write a new profile post, there is nowhere within the profile posts page to do it. I have to come out and onto the main forum page and post from there, is this intentional ? It just seems like another waste of a click :LOL:
There is a status input box for me on my profile... you don't have one?

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
There is a status input box for me on my profile... you don't have one?

Yes, but that's even more clicks. I have to click on my little ugly mug up in the corner then click again to get to my profile page. Whereas before, if i was reading profile posts the little box was already there for me to write in.

MT posting.png

I don't want to get repetitive strain disorder or carpal tunnel syndrome with lots of clicking :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.