Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Hey @Gandalf_The_Grey
This only happens when you set the zoom above 100% right?
Hey @Jack I have my Window 10 laptop at 125%
And Google Chrome at default (100%)

Display.JPGChrome.JPG

Don't have this problem with Edge, because Edge uses the Windows scale of 125%.

Edit: If I set windows scaling at 100% and zoom with Chrome to 125% I have the same problem...
Only with Google Chrome and not with Microsoft Edge.

Last edited:

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
My personal opinion.
I would like the MT bar from beta to put it MT2018 style.
These 2 styles (2018 and Beta) are a bit more bright for my taste.
In both styles i would like to see letters to be a bit more dark.In my eyes they seem more grey than light black.
As for the Snow White style oh my god the sun has blinded me:ROFLMAO:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
No smiley problems here...more zoom in the browsers = bigger smileys and fonts, that's all, it's OK.
On Chrome and Firefox, this same.
I don't have Windows zoomed.

Last problem here I've with Sidebar on Firefox and Nightly - I've wrote about in precedent post #307...

Use MT dark style - I'm stick with it forever, so other styles are not interesting for me. It's perfect, much prettier than the "Dark Mode" add-on/extension (that I use for other websites).

As I already wrote, it would be nice to decrease (remove) all third-party requests (all are blocked here anyway): 3 have on Firefox (ajax, materialdesignicons and fonts.gstatic.com) then 4 have on Chrome (ajax, materialdesignicons, fonts.googleapis.com and googletagmanager).

If not all is OK with the new website software!

PS.
Hmm on my Cent only have Today the infinite loop if click on Edit button (so blue bar at the top is on the infinite loop). It's not ScriptSafe problem. My Slimjet and Iron are OK.

Last edited:

Bleak

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
I do have the smilies problem, looks best on zoom 150% (which is too much for me), however looks like on 100, 110, 125, or 175% it looks like the screenshots I'll attach.

Clearing cache does not fix it.

On Chrome Current Stable.
No problems on firefox.

Attachments

• list_smilies.jpg
    list_smilies.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 351
  • list_smilies175.jpg
    list_smilies175.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 381
  • smily.jpg
    smily.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 340
  • smily110.jpg
    smily110.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 365
D

Deleted member 65228

The changes made on the theme today so far with the top navigation menu... they're brilliant IMO. The new color selection for the background color and the icons is really good.

The global font-style changes are also really good IMO, it looks much nicer now.

Although, I do have issues with the smileys since today like @Bleak, only when I zoom in or out.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
No issues with smileys...
No changes with the dark MT style I use...
...hopefully.

but this same Sidebar problem on Firefox and Nightly, Sidebar is present after login...
...could you remove this Sidebar, please, and return Latest Posts and Latest Threads at the top of the pages, please? - my kind wishes

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy

Bleak

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
...hopefully.

but this same Sidebar problem on Firefox and Nightly, Sidebar is present after login...
...could you remove this Sidebar, please, and return Latest Posts and Latest Threads at the top of the pages, please? - my kind wishes

sidebaroff.jpg

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
When I'm on a user profile page I'm given the option to comment on a post directly in the post or at least that is how it seems, would it be possible to set the entire forum up in that way or at least the music and video threads to keep from weighing them down with quotes and replies. One other minor thing, when I hover over a members avatar it would be nice to have "latest activity" or "recent posts" in their. Thanks for you're efforts and consideration.

Reply: @Jack, This edit feature is similar to what I'm asking for, I wouldn't have to create a post to comment, quote or reply on another post?

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy and upnorth

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
...hopefully.

Thats a Firefox issue, so why remove the sidebar ? In Chrome and Opera it works good. Maybe Firefox should fix this style issue.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Did the MT emblem just change or did I just now notice, nice looking.
Hey Bryan,
Yes, we're doing a few experiments on the Midnight theme. We've changed the logo (this change will be implemented on the main layout also), on the Forums list we've removed the icons for the forums & added descriptions for each forum, and also we've replaced the Sidebar with the Activity box when viewing a thread.

D

Deleted member 65228

@Jack The new design is superb, and quite frankly, it is phenomenal how many changes you've made in the past few weeks... You're killing it with this one (in a brilliant way).

It actually reminds me a bit of HackerOne platform for the messages area, but that's a good thing haha.

This new thread/post design... fantastic!

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
@Jack The new design is superb, and quite frankly, it is phenomenal how many changes you've made in the past few weeks... You're killing it with this one (in a brilliant way).

It actually reminds me a bit of HackerOne platform for the messages area, but that's a good thing haha.

This new thread/post design... fantastic!
:D Thank you! And I'm really happy that you like the new layout, there are still some things to do to complete the layout.

PS. Thank you for all the Reports from this morning, they were really helpful.

Last edited:

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I want to make a suggestion.
Sometimes reading a small paragraph ( even 2 lines ) under a headline doesn't seem nice.
A solution could be that these lines are hidden but when someone hovers the mouse over the headline then he/she can read the paragraph
which explains what this section is about.
Does this seems practical to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.