Troubleshoot Power supply cable not reaching up to motherboard

apaul

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
PC Power Supply Cable from the Powersupply unit not reaching up to ATX12V 4 pin Connector.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
No steps are yet taken.
Hi friends,
During building my office PC I found that the PC 4 pin Power Supply Cable from the Powersupply unit not reaching up to ATX12V 4 pin Connector. It will be helpful for me if anyone kindly helps me with any suggestions. You also can give any amazon link to buy an extension cable to connect.
Power supply: Frontech
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Attached Picture: ATX12V Connector (which cant be reached up to the specific point)
ATX12V Connector.jpg
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: harlan4096

Digerati

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
This seems really odd and I don't see how it would not reach, unless you were running that cable in a big circuitous route instead of the most direct way.

What case are you using? That is, is it a standard mid tower case? Or a monster full or EATX case?

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.