(Qihoo 360) Any difference in detection rate between English and Chinese version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

breathejustice

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2014
Av-comparatives.org reports that qihoo 360 internet security has a good detection rate...

However, they used a weird version 5.0.0.5061 while the current stable version is 4.9.0.4902
So I have asked to av-comparatives of the Qihoo 360 internet security version number.
The Av-comparatives answered that Chinese version is used because qihoo requests to use Chinese version.

Here is email from av-comparatives
Hi,
Qihoo is a Chinese company and their Chinese version is used by hundred of millions of Chinese people, while the English version is used only by some thousand users. Qihoo wanted to have the Chinese version tested.
If you come across a report where Qihoo states that the English version was tested, please let us know by providing a link.
regards,
andreas​

I wonder there is any difference of detection rate between chinese vs. english version.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

TrojanSmart

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 25, 2014
I noticed that too,Qihoo sends the Chinese program because it is a little more advanced, already the international version does not match! :eek:

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Hmmm I think the comparatives test the chinese version of it they call it IS but basically it's the english version of TS. They use the same engines (Cloud, QVMII, Avira and Bitdefender).

Reactions: House_maniac

Yile Wang

Level 1
Verified
Sep 29, 2014
I have tested both Chinese version and English version, and the results shows that the cloud engine is the same, but I haven't tested QVM II engine. Anyone who wants to test it can just disable the Internet and scan some malware and see if it is different between two QVM II engines. But the behavior blocker of Chinese version is a little bit stronger than the English version because it is more advanced in version, but both are powerful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.