App Review Quick Follina test ;).

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Content created by
VoodooShield

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Seeing I don't have the patience to even sit through a 4 minute video, I just don't like watching anything on my computer, can someone summarize please?

Reactions: M4RT1NE2 and danb

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
I tested every (and I mean every) zero-trust / deny-by-default product against Follina, and they all failed, except VS.
Isnt this a bit like " We from Mercedes advise you to drive Mercedes ? " You are from Voodoo shield, i understand you advise your own product.
Untill we / me / i see any proof of other products fail.... well ......

Reactions: Freki123

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
I watched it twice and tbh I just found it lacks information. You got HC and OSarmor installed (no mentioning the settings used). At least please make it a three part comparison and mention with which settings you are testing (for each HC and OSA).
As far as I understand it even SWH should block Follina and HC got a lot more options than SWH
Q&A - Simple Windows Hardening Post 518
Since I use VS and HC on different pcs I consider myself biased for both :D

Last edited:

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
I think it's good marketing to show the strength of your product. And I don't have any doubts about the excellence of Voodooshield. But it's not good practice to show what you perceive as the weaknesses or failures of your fellow developers and competitors. You're biased, it helps hackers, and it doesn't enhance the ethical reputation of your company.

Reactions: OhioRebel and Kongo

Stelica

Level 2
Sep 27, 2021
Isnt this a bit like " We from Mercedes advise you to drive Mercedes ? " You are from Voodoo shield, i understand you advise your own product.
I think it's an unfortunate comparison. There were a lot of problems with VoodooShield, DefenderUI Free and Pro and Dan solved them as soon as possible.

Reactions: danb

Stelica

Level 2
Sep 27, 2021
I think it's good marketing to show the strength of your product. And I don't have any doubts about the excellence of Voodooshield. But it's not good practice to show what you perceive as the weaknesses or failures of your fellow developers and competitors. You're biased, it helps hackers, and it doesn't enhance the ethical reputation of your company.

Why if you show what is good compared to other competitors is unethical? Do we always want to have a globalist vision?
Sorry, there may be rhetorical questions!

Reactions: danb

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Please feel free to test for yourself. There are tons of POC's on GitHub, just search for Follina.

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
I'm not surprised about Voodooshield, this software is just awesome.
Not for nothing I love it 😉 (I also have a lifetime license ^^)
Thank you, I appreciate that! When I first read about Follina, I was quite sure that VS would have no issues blocking this attack. But the really cool thing was that I also knew it would confirm my suspicions either way that the companies who adopted my anti-exploit method did not implement it properly.

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
I watched it twice and tbh I just found it lacks information. You got HC and OSarmor installed (no mentioning the settings used). At least please make it a three part comparison and mention with which settings you are testing (for each HC and OSA).
As far as I understand it even SWH should block Follina and HC got a lot more options than SWH
Q&A - Simple Windows Hardening Post 518
Since I use VS and HC on different pcs I consider myself biased for both :D
All cybersecurity products are always tested with Default settings. I showed the OSA profile, I wish I would have remembered to show the HC settings as well.

I wasn't joking when I said that I tested every zero-trust / deny-by-default product and that they all failed, except VS. SWH had the same result as HC.

Last edited:

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017

I only showed products in the video that publicly claimed to have stopped Follina on day zero. Once again, people were speculating without properly testing, and it is important to me that everyone knows the truth so they can be properly protected.

"Not good practice", you mean like this...

In all fairness, Andy did ask me to prove my claims...

BTW, I spoke with Andy, about this last link and it was not an actual bypass. He knows this but never corrected his statement.

Reactions: Xtwillight

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
*Getting popcorn*
I forsee a lot of Andy / Dan posts again :D
There really is nothing to talk about. People can test for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.