Requesting a video to find out the impact of two cloud Antivirus in the same system

budda

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
I am requesting a video so that we all can judge it.
A lot of people here disagree that you must not install 2 Av's in one pc.
But what if they are cloud?
now coming to the point i am using kaspersky free + bitdefener free.
While many people here disagree that only 1 should be turned on but while testing i found that when turned both on they are working better than turning one antivirus alone. (because they both are cloud? )
I want to see a video test from any advanced user here with some new malware and ransomware samples so that we can conclude based on the review of the video
we can use both these in the same pc as they are cloud antivirus and do not take much ram and do not have conflicts with each other?
Now for example kasperdky free failed in ransomware test because of lack of behaviour shield but with bitdefender free i dont think its possible.
I tested few samples on my pc but i do not have VM so i am requesting some one here to do a video after installing bitdefender and kaspersky free and test the system with ransomware and malware and see if the malware or ransomware infects the system because we are using two different cloud avs.
Now please don't come to conclusions that you must only use one AV because i knew that part but what i want to know is with both these avs running together there's any chance for a ransomware or malware to infect the system? I dont think so.

Reactions: DeepWeb and Rengar

A lot of people here disagree that you must not install 2 Av's in one pc.
But what if they are cloud?

Just because you can doesn't mean it is a good idea. I would bet that if you asked both Kaspersky and Bitdefender, then both would immediately advise against such a combo.

The thinking goes something like this "I will combine two AVs and get double the protection." Not really, it doesn't work that way. Furthermore, the potential for troublesome conflicts exceeds the very small increase in protection. What you do get is two programs needlessly doubling (approx.) system resource consumption. Therein again, the increase in resource consumption does not justify the very small increase in protection - even if each AV is using comparatively small amounts of system resources.

kamla5abi

Level 4
Verified
May 15, 2017
There are ways to hide memory usage and make it appear that programs appear to use much less memory than they actually do. What is shown in Task Manager is not the complete resource usage.
this is why i showed him my post from another thread showing how to see total working memory used by all processes not just private memory
i see he has not yet posted an updated screenshot showing those values yet ;) lol

Reactions: roger_m

budda

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
this is why i showed him my post from another thread showing how to see total working memory used by all processes not just private memory
i see he has not yet posted an updated screenshot showing those values yet ;) lol

Here you go.. 4 screenshots of memory

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    13 KB · Views: 413
  • 2.png
    2.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 413
  • 3.png
    3.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 392
  • 4.png
    4.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:
Reactions: AlanOstaszewski

budda

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
I just turned on all for sharing the memory screenshot..

kaspersky free +Bdfree+ comodo

But i turned off kaspersky and zemana is my secondary scanner only.

You can see the memory usage of kaspersky bitdefender and comodo firewall

CPU-working set memory -peak working set - private working memory - shared working set memory

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.