Requesting a video to find out the impact of two cloud Antivirus in the same system

budda

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
I am requesting a video so that we all can judge it.
A lot of people here disagree that you must not install 2 Av's in one pc.
But what if they are cloud?
now coming to the point i am using kaspersky free + bitdefener free.
While many people here disagree that only 1 should be turned on but while testing i found that when turned both on they are working better than turning one antivirus alone. (because they both are cloud? )
I want to see a video test from any advanced user here with some new malware and ransomware samples so that we can conclude based on the review of the video
we can use both these in the same pc as they are cloud antivirus and do not take much ram and do not have conflicts with each other?
Now for example kasperdky free failed in ransomware test because of lack of behaviour shield but with bitdefender free i dont think its possible.
I tested few samples on my pc but i do not have VM so i am requesting some one here to do a video after installing bitdefender and kaspersky free and test the system with ransomware and malware and see if the malware or ransomware infects the system because we are using two different cloud avs.
Now please don't come to conclusions that you must only use one AV because i knew that part but what i want to know is with both these avs running together there's any chance for a ransomware or malware to infect the system? I dont think so.

Reactions: DeepWeb and Rengar

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
what on earth did you smoke to run all that

i too would like to know :p & pm your dealer's contact if it aint too much trouble :D

back to topic, 2 AVs in 1 machine is a big no-no if you ask me irrespective of how much ram you got or how light they are on your cpu.

trend micro will just not install if you already have another AV installed, like wise for kaspersky i think. correct me if i am wrong @mekelek.

Reactions: Parsh

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
i too would like to know :p & pm your dealer's contact if it aint too much trouble :D

back to topic, 2 AVs in 1 machine is a big no-no if you ask me irrespective of how much ram you got or how light they are on your cpu.

trend micro will just not install if you already have another AV installed, like wise for kaspersky i think. correct me if i am wrong @mekelek.
it will install but it will warn you during installation that you have to ignore.

Reactions: ispx

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Here is the screenshot of ram + cpu
http://i.imgur.com/CbvDq2a.png
Just because an AV is using less RAM doesn't make it lighter, RAM is utilized to speed up it's performance (unless the system is already reaching it's RAM capacity & usually the bottleneck is CPU & HDD).
KFA & BDF are not completely cloud AVs (just like most of the AVs), but they utilize cloud components with signatures.
Even if you can use 2 AVs side by side without any issues, what's the point? If you love using more than one AV engine then why not try Emsisoft or Qihoo 360 TS.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Just because an AV is using less RAM doesn't make it lighter, RAM is utilized to speed up it's performance (unless the system is already reaching it's RAM capacity & usually the bottleneck is CPU & HDD).
KFA & BDF are not completely cloud AVs (just like most of the AVs), but they utilize cloud components with signatures.
Even if you can use 2 AVs side by side without any issues, what's the point? If you love using more than one AV engine then why not try Emsisoft or Qihoo 360 TS.
hell he could just whip VS Free on his PC and have all the Virustotal engines at his disposal :D

kamla5abi

Level 4
Verified
May 15, 2017
yeah if you understand the purpose of RAM then you will know that just because a process is using lots of RAM that doesn't mean it will be "slow" or bogged down or lag etc. RAM speed is many times faster than regular harddrive speed. But if you have 4GB only depending on what you do on your computer your PC could be using the pagefile a lot. Using pagefile vs RAM will definitely make your system feel slow or laggy.

Best upgrade you can do to older systems is slap a SSD in there even if you only have SATA2 interface available. I am guessing its older system by the specs (core2duo, 4GB RAM).
hell he could just whip VS Free on his PC and have all the Virustotal engines at his disposal :D
thats the only reason i can think to have multiple AV on a system, to have access to multiple definitions/signatures
but even having multiple signature engines isn't best security (against new malware that have no signature yet)
in which case voodoo shield is a good program since it combines AV sigs and antiexe

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Thanks for your input Evjl's i am using comodo + bitdefender+ kaspersky+ zemana + hitman pro free on the same system without any lags at all..
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
giphy.gif

budda

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2013

Nope It never warned about bitdefender free but warned about comodo firewall.

budda

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2013

rockstarrocks qihoo is chineese company and it didnt performed well and it takes a lot of memory. Emsisoft is really good but i could not afford that much for av. :)

budda

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
So after reading all your replies i came to a conclusion that i should only use bidefender free + comodo firewall (cruel sister settings) + zemana.
Zemana needs internet but my internet is not that stable so i am using it as a secondary opinion scanner.
I didn't removed kaspersky but disabled real time protection and it does not start with windows.
So now i am using only 1 av + 1 secondary cloud scanner. :)

Reactions: brambedkar59

budda

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
I disabled kapserksy because it does not have any behaviour blocker so what should you think?

Should i disable bitdefender free or kaspersky free in real time?

Both are really good in terms of protection but Bitdefender added advantage is its behaviour blocker.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
BD + CF are sufficient enough. If you want it to be lighter, use zemana + CF, but zemana lacks on-access scanning which means when you copy or download a malware into your computer, it won't be scanned, only scanned after you execute the file => that's why zemana is much lighter than most other AVs but this can be its weakness. The weakness is fulfilled by CF
BD is a typical AV because most AVs have on-access scanning, you download a malware, they immediately detect and remove it prior to execution

KFA is not a recommended product because it lacks the main feature/system watcher. It's not light as other AVs like avast, it's a bit heavier on RAM with ridiculously slow scanning speed in general => which makes your system slower because it has to scan every file, every time

Last edited:

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
qihoo is chineese company and it didnt performed well

more than half of the hardware in your computer / smart phone is probably made in china :p

tip : instead of making five consecutive posts combine all the quotes you want to reply to in one single post :)

Reactions: brambedkar59

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.