• Total voters
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
KeyScrambler Personal/Pro/Premium

Home

Features & Comparatives

Download

KeyScrambler is a security software designated as an "Anti-logger" , effectively some malwares called "keyloggers" sit on your system and record everything you type on your keyboard in a log and then transmit it to someone who will appreciates to get your bank account's username and password or your credit card's credentials...

This kind of malwares are very silent and a common user will never know he is its victim.

What makes KeyScrambler different than other Anti-loggers (like Zemana Anti-logger, Spyshelter, etc...) is that it just encrypt your keystroke with random characters instead of detecting/removing the keylogger.

It means that even you are victim of an keylogger, anything you type is unreadable by the attacker, the log will just show random characters without any meaning.

How it works (in details)

ok, now that you understand how it works, lets go for a tour:

Resources Usage

ZDvgT.jpg

2 processes on x64 system (one for x86 the other for x64)

The Encryption

As you can see on the screenshot below, everything you will type is encrypted, and you can see how in the green small window.
You can set up the location of the window in the options.

sXK9I3j.jpg

Options

keyscrambler is a minimalist software so you will have few options.

- Display tab: here you set the position of the window

jghcmad.jpg

Advanced tab: Here some options available only for the Premium version, the most interesting is the Windows Logon protection.

WjBF7Hu.jpg

Final Note

That is all,yes it was fast but Keyscrambler is very simple in its concept but very efficient on its use.

I Highly recommend it if you are an aficionados of online banking or online shopping !

i rate it 5/5

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
RE: [Review] KeyScrambler

Which version was this review for; Pro or Premium?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
RE: [Review] KeyScrambler

All, Earth, the only differences between each versions are the number of apps protected. For example, the free version protect only 3 browsers.

P

Plexx

Thread author
RE: [Review] KeyScrambler (All Versions)

Ain't there limitations on the free version in regards to have it running inside games or logon screens of games?

I know it supports WOW but I ditched WOW for over a year already...

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

the free version works only for 3 browsers, nothing else.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

added resources usage

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012

Thanks there for the review. I am currently using the Pro version and yes that was I saw in the limitations...can't add what you want :(

Is Zemana like this...? I mean can you add apps you wanna be protected..? Haven't tried Zemana that long and I do not have a license aww shucks...I hear that Zemana is more preferred..

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

Zemana works differently, it detects keyloggers (like an antivirus) instead of encrypting your keystokes.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012

Nice review Umbra, I would never have a computer without this awesome program

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

Although spyshelter,zemana and keyscrambler promote themselves as anti keylogger but all of three have different features and functions.
Spyshelter is hips based with many features whereas zemana looks to block keylogger by its signature updates and keyscrambler encrypts data so either if you have infection on your machine the data you type on browser will be safe.

Thanks umbra for the briefly explanation of this product

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

Stranger said:
Although spyshelter,zemana and keyscrambler promote themselves as anti keylogger but all of three have different features and functions.
Spyshelter is hips based with many features whereas zemana looks to block keylogger by its signature updates and keyscrambler encrypts data so either if you have infection on your machine the data you type on browser will be safe.

exact, it means that if you are really scared of keyloggers, you can have a combo like Zemana or Spyshelter + Keyscrambler ;)

Thanks umbra for the briefly explanation of this product

you are welcome, i can't say more about it since it is a very simple but efficient product :D

Reactions: marzametal

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Isn't this like LastPass where it keeps track of all your passwords?

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

McLovin said:

No they are quite different,lastpass store your username and password and work only on browsers and keyscrambler encrypts your data and work on other applications too.

b6wrc9.gif

6qcl0m.png

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Stranger said:
No they are quite different,lastpass store your username and password and work only on browsers and keyscrambler encrypts your data and work on other applications too.

http://i49.tinypic.com/b6wrc9.gif

http://i46.tinypic.com/6qcl0m.png

Ahh I see. Would be worth giving the trial ago?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

The free version only works for 3 browsers, nothing else: FF, IE and Flock. try it it and maybe you may like it and upgrade to paid version.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011

Anti-Logger programs only benefit you if you already have an infection on your system, it keeps you info safe.

Since I never get infections on my system, these type of programs are useless to me.

Thanks.:D

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011

I used it in the past, and I recently re-installed it (I cannot remember why I got rid of it before). The Free Version, which is what I have, simply allows you to encrypt keystrokes, which is priceless. That said, I am pretty confident in HitMan Pro to find keyloggers during my daily scan.

The keyboard controller is tied in with the "reset pin" on the CPU. That is why some, or most, keyloggers cause your PC to keep restarting, and the power switch on the front of your tower becomes useless to you.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

Littlebits said:
Anti-Logger programs only benefit you if you already have an infection on your system, it keeps you info safe.

Since I never get infections on my system, these type of programs are useless to me.

You are not protected if the routers or the endpoint are infected.

Zemana, Spyshelter and co. protect you by detecting and removing installed keyloggers on your system only.

Keyscrambler protect you by encrypting the streamed datas from your computer to the website. (check the description on their websites).

Anyone capturing your packets will not be able to read them.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

What if you use a secure/encrypted VPN service?

Umbra Corp. said:
You are not protected if the routers or the endpoint are infected.

Keyscrambler protect you by encrypting the streamed datas from your computer to the website. (check the description on their websites).

Anyone capturing your packets will not be able to read them.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

You dont need antikeylogger if you have clean computer but antikeyloger like keyscrambler which encypts data is always an assets

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.