SecureAPlus Freemium - Updates

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
When I start Backup and Sync (Google Drive), I get a prompt from the whitelisting part of SAP, even if I run in observation mode.
Obviously this is a false positive, it would be a good thing to have a false positive and/or exclusion button here as well.
Or, as we discussed before, ab option to disable the whitelisting part if we choose to.

/W

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
When I start Backup and Sync (Google Drive), I get a prompt from the whitelisting part of SAP, even if I run in observation mode.
Obviously this is a false positive, it would be a good thing to have a false positive and/or exclusion button here as well.
Or, as we discussed before, ab option to disable the whitelisting part if we choose to.

/W

Hi @woodrowbone

Can you Post a Screenshot of it please

With best Regards
Mops22

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
@Mops21
Here you go.

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
@ Hendy
Hi, how often is the APEX model trained and released?
And how is the "False positive" button (s) comming along for the GUI?

/W
The training for APEX is done daily. We will try to release APEX model at least on monthly basis. For the "False Positive" button we may have to re-layout the GUI to fit the button, as currently there is not enough space for this new button.

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Hey Hendy:cool: did you see this post: Google Backup and Sync ?
It`s one file there that your whitelist keeps on nagging about during the launch of the app, can you take a look?

/W
Hello,
We have actually added googledrivesync.exe into the restricted application list for quite some time.
It is not supposed to be keep prompting, we will double check again.

Reactions: harlan4096

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
Hi Hendy, any news in regards of why SAP blocks Google Backup and Sync (Drive) during startup?
Regarding APEX, is it trained against all submitted files you get?
If it is, can one assume that it will catch all these files after the training of the new model?

/W

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Hi anyone from secure can tell me which services and other entries are not needed in task manager, just want to cut down on unneeded items if there are any? Thks

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Hi anyone from secure can tell me which services and other entries are not needed in task manager, just want to cut down on unneeded items if there are any? Thks
Im not from sap but if u use every modul, all the processes in the taskmanager are needed. They should not slow you down, should be realy light.

Reactions: blueblackwow65

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Hi Hendy, any news in regards of why SAP blocks Google Backup and Sync (Drive) during startup?
Regarding APEX, is it trained against all submitted files you get?
If it is, can one assume that it will catch all these files after the training of the new model?

/W
Hi Woodrowbone,
We are not able to replicate the issue for the Google Backup and Sync.
If you don't mind, can you send us the following log file: "C:\ProgramData\SecureAge Technology\SecureAge\log\whitelist.log"?
You can try to figure out from the log file too, but if you need any help in analyzing, please compress the file, and send it via Send large files up to 5GB for free to secureplus@secureage.com
Please let us know the file name that get blocked, so that we could try to search and analyze it from the log file.

Regarding to APEX, yes it is trained against all submitted files and some other sample files that we have.
Because it is using Artificial Intelligence, it will try to find similarity in the files, and it doesn't mean that it will catch all these files after training.
The purpose for APEX is to catch the new viruses that are created based on the existing virus. For traditional antivirus engine, when there is any modification on the virus, it will take time until the virus can be detected, because we have to wait until the signature is added into the virus definition files.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.