SecureAPlus Freemium - Updates

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I just reinstalled the program, since even when the file is restored, the Whitelist service cannot run. I will keep it registered as the Antivirus. By the way, I set configure defender to high prior to unregistering the program. Is it safe to keep it that way or should I set configure defender to default for now.
For the whitelist service cannot run, can you please check whether there is any dump file in the following folder: "C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\CrashDumps " ?
Please look for: saappsvc.exe.xxxx.dmp
If there is any, please compress and send the file to secureplus@secureage.com via Send large files up to 5GB for free
For the detail steps, you may refer to: https://support.secureaplus.com/how-to-collect-dump-file/

Thank you in advanced.

nefty1029

Level 1
Verified
Mar 13, 2018
For the whitelist service cannot run, can you please check whether there is any dump file in the following folder: "C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\CrashDumps " ?
Please look for: saappsvc.exe.xxxx.dmp
If there is any, please compress and send the file to secureplus@secureage.com via Send large files up to 5GB for free
For the detail steps, you may refer to: https://support.secureaplus.com/how-to-collect-dump-file/

Thank you in advanced.
I just checked that folder and there are no .dmp file associated with saappsvc.exe. I was able to fix my problem by doing a clean reinstallation of the program. It is running smoothly right now. Thanks anyway.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Probably another FP only by SecureAge APEX:
"Realtek 8125/8136/8168/8169 PCI/PCIe Adapters"

realtek.png

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Ok good did that.I was wondering,should i keep norton with secureaplus and unregister apex ,or keep norton and add Voodooshield instead of secureaplus ,or just keep secureaplus with apex as an antivirus without norton?
For me I have uninstalled SecureAPlus. First if you're currently comfortable using SecureAPlus keep using it and do not go to Voodooshield (you can also give VS a trial if you feel like to). I would just untick "Register as antivirus". In case you installed the offline av you can see this link .

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

SecureAPlus 6.2.0 is out now

What’s New:
•New dialog when blocking untrusted file, with Recommended Action.
•Vulnerability Assessment.
•Automatically trust untrusted data during boot-up if there was an indication that there was Windows update happened before boot-up, and it required reboot.
•Besides whitelist.log, untrusted data that is supposed to be blocked, but not stuck in the observation mode is now written in blocked.log.
•Allow the trusted installer to run any command line.
•The trusted application that is signed by a trusted certificate is allowed to run any command line and script.
•No longer support ClamAV.
•Added “tortoiseproc.exe” into the restricted application list.

Bug Fixes:
•The following command line was not automatically trusted: C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -NonInteractive -NoProfile -WindowStyle Hidden “& C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\SmbShare\DisableUnusedSmb1.ps1 -Scenario Client”.
•Windows 7 without Service Pack 1 was not able to boot up after updating from SAP v6.0.3 to v6.1.0.
•SecureAPlusService.exe is not running in some machines.
•In the Polish language, “Continue blocking” words in Command-Line blocking was cut off.

Modifications:
•For the script file, the GUI used to show the interpreter as the process name. Now it will show the parent process of the interpreter as the process name.
•“Go to log location” will only open “C:\ProgramData\SecureAge Technology\SecureAge\log” folder only. Previously it will also open the log folder in %localappdata%
•Shows Japanese EULA in Japanese OS.
•Updated Italian translation.
•KB3033929 was not installed in Windows 7 SP1 64-bit.
•Do not show “Online Store” for SecureAPlus managed by Portal.
•In interactive mode, no command-line blocked prompt shown in Windows Server 2016 & 2019, when running untrusted command line.

With best Regards
Mops21

Last edited:

Nagisa

Level 7
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
It needs;
- a less confusing and less bloated UI
- the first installation scan to be faster
- to be less "automatic", for the sake of simplicity and usability.

People should be aware that they are installing the "trial" version. Free version is useless to me.

The true free version should include only APEX (without the medium sensitivity restriction) and the anti-exe module. The UAV should only be in the paid version.

That's my personal thoughts. It would be nice to have a program that combined ERP with local AI scanner.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.