SecureAPlus Freemium - Updates

XavierGaming

Level 3
Verified
Oct 18, 2015
I keep getting this error on editing my C and D drive whitelists:

bPcNSYA.jpg

Update:

While I was researching for this error, the causes were incorrect filenames, directory names, and incorrect volume syntaxes. However, my drives were named:

gydYPh2.png

This error maybe is a bug from SecureAPlus itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: sap

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
There is a bug when selecting drive letter. We will fix this. Thank you for letting us know.
Temporarily you can use select all folders (Ctrl-A) method. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Reactions: XavierGaming

XavierGaming

Level 3
Verified
Oct 18, 2015
@sap, In the next versions, can you:
1. Add ability to pause or stop automated scans.
2. Fix the drive bug.
3. Add a "Edit whitelist" button to the SAP UI that shows all whitelisting rules for all drives

Thank you, I've been a fan of SAP and I do know that it will be a great product to the security community :D

Reactions: Andytay70 and sap

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Thank you very much for your suggestions and for being a fan of SAP :)
1. Currently actually you can stop it. In the App Settings -> Scan Settings, turn off Universal AV, it will stop the full system scan.
2. The fixed will be included in the next release.
3. Technically, we have never stored the file location in our whitelist database. To show just the whitelist rules will make it difficult for the end users to associate the whitelist rules and the actual file.

Last edited:
Reactions: XavierGaming
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

SecureAPlus users- I need to know something- When SAP scans a file and comes up with a 1/12 detection a statement appears that it is most likely a FP. My question is: will you run it?
Based on who caught it, if it was Ahnlab, then yes, i would run the file, if it was Avira, then i wouldn't run the file. I think it depends on how much user trust each security vendor and those who are more informed may know better which security product will give less likely a false positive. But for novice users it may be hard to decide, to run 1 of 12 detection file or no.

Reactions: frogboy

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
SecureAPlus users- I need to know something- When SAP scans a file and comes up with a 1/12 detection a statement appears that it is most likely a FP. My question is: will you run it?

maybe yes, maybe not.
Depends of:
- Detection Name.
- Detection Engine.
- Source of the file.

example:
-----------1-------------
- Opencandy
- Eset or avira or emsisoft or sophos
- downloaded from crystaldisckinfo web site
RUN

-----------2-------------
- Ransomware.eur.gen
- Eset
- random web
Quarantine

-----------3-------------
- W32.Adware.Gen.D-148
- ClamWin
- Microsoft website + exe certificated with microsoft signature
RUN

-----------4-------------
- posible.xxx.variant.eur
- Avg
- Safe Web
RUN with Shadow defender (or another virtualization / sandboxing tool)

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014

Maybe you can turn off some of less known/trust AV engine (eg. Norman, ClamWin, Quick Heal, Total Defense...)?

Reactions: frogboy

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
The reason for my question is that I am considering do something-or-other on SAP and just wanted to know the most valid response when that occurs. I guess it would be less contentious to block it.

Thanks for the responses!

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
We are pleased to announce the release of SecureAPlus v4.2.2

This is the first version that supports multi languages.The following languages are supported now: French, German, Indonesian, Japanese, Polish.
Due to some last minute text modification, a few text in some languages are still in English. This will be fixed once we get the updated translation from our translators.

There is a report about the slowness in LibreOffice 5 when the real-time scanning is enabled. We have improved this in this version.
If others are still experiencing slowness in the specific application please let us know which application that is slow down. If we can reproduce it on our side, we will try to fix it.

Here are the list of some bugs fixed:
- Crash in SecureAPlus.exe when it is unable to communicate with the server. This bug starts from v4.2.1.
- "Show all trust level" was not working properly if drive is selected (Reference: SecureAPlus Freemium).
- When license expired detected during initial full system scan, the animation will keep continuously shows scanning in progress.
- Universal AV unable to display an infected file if it is in the Windows protected folder, where user account do not have access rights to the folder.
- In 32-bit OS, account page was not shown.

Reactions: LAGUN and Av Gurus

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi

Is the SecureAPlus a good AV Scanner. And when the first year is over can I pay with € Euro for my new license

With best Regards
Mops21

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Hi

Is the SecureAPlus a good AV Scanner. And when the first year is over can I pay with € Euro for my new license

With best Regards
Mops21

I tried SecureAPlus it is a very good product. However, with the change in VirusTotal's policies. AVs that use VirusTotal results may become less effective.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
I tried SecureAPlus it is a very good product. However, with the change in VirusTotal's policies. AVs that use VirusTotal results may become less effective.

Okay I will try it and thank you very much for your info and for your answer

And can SecureAPlus update the ClamAV modules please into the next Version please

I hope that is the right one for you

ClamWin Free Antivirus 0.99.1 Released

And when the first year is over can I pay with € Euro for my new license

With best Regards
Mops21

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Okay I will try it and thank you very much for your info and for your answer

And can SecureAPlus update the ClamAV modules please into the next Version please

I hope that is the right one for you

And when the first year is over can I pay with € Euro for my new license

With best Regards
Mops21

And here are te answers of my questions

In the client side we are using ClamAV instead of ClamWin.

Currently we are using version 0.99.1. We will update then engine to version 0.99.2 on the next release

And the otherone answer of my other question is here

Yes, you can pay with Euro to renew your license after the first year is over.

With best Regards
Mops21

Last edited:

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @sap and Hi all

I Need your help and your Infos about that Problem

And her eis my 1 problem for you. What can I make or what did you need from me

When the initial scan is working it will did not uploud Files see my screenshot into the black circle. Is this so normal see my otherone Picture

With best Regards
Mops21

Attachments

• SecureAPlus Freemium 05.jpg
    SecureAPlus Freemium 05.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 434

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Hi @sap and Hi all

I Need your help and your Infos about that Problem

And her eis my 1 problem for you. What can I make or what did you need from me

When the initial scan is working it will did not uploud Files see my screenshot into the black circle. Is this so normal see my otherone Picture

With best Regards
Mops21
Not every time our server will request to upload a sample file. Only when the server does not have the file then it will request for the upload. For example, for Windows files, since the files are used by may people, as long as the server has got the sample from 1 of SecureAPlus user, it will not request for upload for the same file from another user any more.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.