Advice Request Security browser extensions

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Came across this article, although is from nearly 3 years ago.

Question:
what AV solution browser extension you use and why?

Note: this is not a thread to list other extensions such as adblockers, https anywhere etc.

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
In the past (Windows 7) my father had installed Avast Online Security on top of Norton on our family PC. When our ISP started to offer discounted F-secure licenses with bigger internet bundles, we used F-secure together with Bitdefender Traffic Light. When I used free Avast on my PC's together with Bitdefender Traffic Light. After CCleaner drama, I moved to Manjaro Linux with Sophos free and BitDefende Traffic Light as browser extension.

Why? Like most Dutch kids I just started using what my parents used (same goes for bank, newspaper and favorite coffee brand).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.