Fast and easy without issue.
Interface (UI)
4.00 star(s)
Interface Feedback
An old-school manner interface but clear and understandable
Usability
5.00 star(s)
Usability Feedback
Clear functions, options are easy to manage...some specific features are described in review
Performance and System Impact
5.00 star(s)
Performance and System Impact Feedback
SD is light for system recources
Protection
5.00 star(s)
Protection Feedback
Great protection as the result of specific kind of used technology
Pros
  1. Low impact on system resources
  2. Easy to use
  3. Simple and non-intrusive
  4. Ransomware protection
  5. Strong and reliable protection
  6. Works alongside other antivirus software
  7. Great value
  8. Features you can't get elsewhere for free
  9. Well designed, clear interface
Cons
  1. Advanced users may want more control
  2. Can be complex in some situations
Software installed on computer
More than 1 year
Computer hardware
Described in my security configuration thread
Recommended for
  1. All types of users
  2. Device is shared by family members
  3. Banking or other financial activity
  4. Low specs device
Overall Rating
5.00 star(s)
Disclaimer
  1. Any views or opinions expressed are that of the member giving the information and may be subjective.
    This software may behave differently on your device.

We encourage you to compare these opinions with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
    Before buying a product you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

Andy Ful

Level 65
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
The users can restart Windows to force Shadow Defender to clear the changes, even with activated Fast Startup. But, this cannot be done when the user will shut down the computer.

When the Fast Startup is turned on, then the computer shut down means only that all users are logged off (no logged users, no started applications), but still, the Windows kernel is loaded and the system session is running. Next, Windows saves the current system state to the hibernation file, and turns off the computer. If the user starts the computer next time, then the system state is restored, but the system is not restarted. So, Shadow Defender session is continued just like the user did not turn off the computer.

ticklemefeet

Level 24
The users can restart Windows to force Shadow Defender to clear the changes, even with activated Fast Startup. But, this cannot be done when the user will shut down the computer.

When the Fast Startup is turned on, then the computer shut down means only that all users are logged off (no logged users, no started applications), but still, the Windows kernel is loaded and the system session is running. Next, Windows saves the current system state to the hibernation file, and turns off the computer. If the user starts the computer next time, then the system state is restored, but the system is not restarted. So, Shadow Defender session is continued just like the user did not turn off the computer.

this is true. that is why he suggests disabling fast start up because if you shut down, all remains but if you reboot all is well.

:: To turn on Fast Startup
REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Power" /V HiberbootEnabled /T REG_dWORD /D 1 /F

jetman

Level 7
Verified
Rollback RX, it's a danger, it made me format twice when I tried it ...
Although there are people who work well with it, and I like the program ... But.:)

I have been using Rollback RX for years and have never had serious problems with it.

Once or twice it crashed during Windows updates- causing me to reinstall Windows. But that is once or twice only in many years of use.

I'd say its saved me from far more problems than it has ever caused.

I'll have a play with Shadow Defender though- just to check it out.

bribon77

Level 34
Verified
I have been using Rollback RX for years and have never had serious problems with it.

Once or twice it crashed during Windows updates- causing me to reinstall Windows. But that is once or twice only in many years of use.

I'd say its saved me from far more problems than it has ever caused.

I'll have a play with Shadow Defender though- just to check it out.
I already said that there are people who work perfectly for them, maybe I didn't do it well, that's why I installed it twice. and when I restarted a black screen came out, both times I tried, one day I will try again because if I like the program.(y)