Shadow Defender - An Unobjective Review :)

Product name
Shadow Defender
Installation (rating)
5.00 star(s)
User interface (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Accessibility notes
An old-school manner interface but clear and understandable
Performance (rating)
5.00 star(s)
Core Protection (rating)
5.00 star(s)
Additional Protection notes
Great protection as the result of specific kind of used technology
Positives
    • Low impact on system resources
    • Easy to use
    • Simple and non-intrusive
    • Ransomware protection
    • Strong and reliable protection
    • Compatible with other anti-virus software
    • Great value for money
    • Features you can't get elsewhere for free
    • Well designed, clear and easy to use interface
Negatives
    • Advanced users may want more control
    • Can be complex in some situations
Time spent using product
Computer specs
Described in my security configuration thread
Recommended for
  1. All types of users
  2. Multi-user devices
  3. Financial banking or trading
  4. Low spec PCs
Overall rating
5.00 star(s)

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
The users can restart Windows to force Shadow Defender to clear the changes, even with activated Fast Startup. But, this cannot be done when the user will shut down the computer.

When the Fast Startup is turned on, then the computer shut down means only that all users are logged off (no logged users, no started applications), but still, the Windows kernel is loaded and the system session is running. Next, Windows saves the current system state to the hibernation file, and turns off the computer. If the user starts the computer next time, then the system state is restored, but the system is not restarted. So, Shadow Defender session is continued just like the user did not turn off the computer.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

The users can restart Windows to force Shadow Defender to clear the changes, even with activated Fast Startup. But, this cannot be done when the user will shut down the computer.

When the Fast Startup is turned on, then the computer shut down means only that all users are logged off (no logged users, no started applications), but still, the Windows kernel is loaded and the system session is running. Next, Windows saves the current system state to the hibernation file, and turns off the computer. If the user starts the computer next time, then the system state is restored, but the system is not restarted. So, Shadow Defender session is continued just like the user did not turn off the computer.

this is true. that is why he suggests disabling fast start up because if you shut down, all remains but if you reboot all is well.

:: To turn on Fast Startup
REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Power" /V HiberbootEnabled /T REG_dWORD /D 1 /F

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
I did not try it (I do not use hibernation), but there is an option under the Administration tab:
Enable hibernation in Shadow Mode
I am curious how it works if unticked, with Fast Startup.

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
Rollback RX, it's a danger, it made me format twice when I tried it ...
Although there are people who work well with it, and I like the program ... But.:)

I have been using Rollback RX for years and have never had serious problems with it.

Once or twice it crashed during Windows updates- causing me to reinstall Windows. But that is once or twice only in many years of use.

I'd say its saved me from far more problems than it has ever caused.

I'll have a play with Shadow Defender though- just to check it out.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I have been using Rollback RX for years and have never had serious problems with it.

Once or twice it crashed during Windows updates- causing me to reinstall Windows. But that is once or twice only in many years of use.

I'd say its saved me from far more problems than it has ever caused.

I'll have a play with Shadow Defender though- just to check it out.
I already said that there are people who work perfectly for them, maybe I didn't do it well, that's why I installed it twice. and when I restarted a black screen came out, both times I tried, one day I will try again because if I like the program.(y)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.