Will protecting WSH against this attack help?
Windows MSDT zero-day now exploited by Chinese APT hackers
Windows MSDT zero-day now exploited by Chinese APT hackers
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Yes.Will protecting WSH against this attack help?
Windows MSDT zero-day now exploited by Chinese APT hackers
malwaretips.com
malwaretips.com
Now, that's how a test should be done, unlike.....Here is a short video about my test:
This event could happen when:Hi Andy, every 2 weeks or so I get one of these blocks, I assume its nothing but could you enlighten me please. I apologize if I asked this before, I don't remember.
Event[0]:
Event Id = 866
Local Time: 2022/06/15 13:37:03
EventRecordID = 33903
ActivityID = '{0314c0cb-d11f-44bc-96dd-acd0fce91e71}'
Execution ProcessID = '796' ThreadID='3728'
Computer = DESKTOP-L1SV63C
UserID='S-1-5-21-1777632603-4013640730-1325600334-1001'
Attempted Path = C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.DesktopAppInstaller_1.17.10941.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\WindowsPackageManagerServer.exe
SRP Rule GUID = {1016bbe0-a716-428b-822e-5e544b6a3300}
Description: File blocked via SRP Rule GUID for Disallowed rule C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.DesktopAppInstaller*
I do not think so. You cannot update the desktop application by using Microsoft Store (so far).Thank you. I guess this happens when I go to the Microsoft store and update my apps.
There has to be a rule configured manually via H_C (not default H_C; not sure how it got in there) that contains the * wildcard for the WindowsApps\MicrosoftDesktopAppInstaller folder that looks like :Ok, I see where you coming from now...however... I have 2 blocks from this morning, coincidently I opened the MS store twice this morning to check for updates (there were none.) Also, I very rarely try to install programs from the MS store. I am going to open store again and see if I get a block, will let you know.
Edit: Yup, another block after opening the MS store.
Interesting. Is the block present if you open Microsoft Store and do nothing?Edit: Yup, another block after opening the MS store.
Yes.Interesting. Is the block present if you open Microsoft Store and do nothing?
A ha, another one, proves I'm not going insane.I just have to click on the Microsoft Store icon to get this message...in SWH.
View attachment 267522
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes