Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Ag, what Strict Tracking Protection in Firefox v. 103 can do to one's Twitter links. Changed to Custom and the problem went away. I wonder what changed here? :unsure::coffee: The link still takes me there if I click on it though.

cannot connect to twitter.PNG

Also, I see a few more blocked domains via uBlock Origin than I used to see. Just sayin'

ubodashmt.png

That's just this page.

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
Ag, what Strict Tracking Protection in Firefox v. 103 can do to one's Twitter links. Changed to Custom and the problem went away. I wonder what changed here? :unsure::coffee: The link still takes me there if I click on it though.

Also, I see a few more blocked domains via uBlock Origin than I used to see. Just sayin'

That's just this page.
That's Firefox's built-in "social media trackers" which falls under the "tracking content" module within ETP. In custom, you can turn it off where you can't in Strict. So for that to work, you need to :
  • Disable ETP for MalwareTips, or disable "tracking content" in ETP (pick either one, not both);
  • And make a noop in uBlock Origin for "platform.twitter.com".
It will work with those tweaks, for uBlock Origin this is assuming you run it in Medium Mode. Note that setting privacy.trackingprotection.socialtracking.enabled to false in about:config in itself, will not make it work anymore. Which may have been the thing that changed, I guess?

1658965123708.png

1658965015019.png

1658965336514.png

I generally don't visit twitter, so I don't really care for this, but it may help someone out there.

eonline

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
I am having some problems with the CF firewall I think, not sure. I am connected to Fastetvpn vpn and I get this error and also when I am on the live version of the page it won't let me give likes. Thank you very much in advance for checking this out.

Sin título.jpg

Reactions: [correlate]

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I am having some problems with the CF firewall I think, not sure. I am connected to Fastetvpn vpn and I get this error and also when I am on the live version of the page it won't let me give likes. Thank you very much in advance for checking this out.

View attachment 268732
Hey @Emanuel Tomasin
I was doing some maintenance and this might have been the cause. Can you confirm that it works ok now? Thanks

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.