By Staff Site Issues and Feedback

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Is anyone else getting emails from MT because people they follow have created a new thread?
Just recieved 2 of those, I never got them before. Don't remember changing any preferences.
Same here.
Yes, very annoying, @Jack can you look into this?
Very, very annoying. I just got 2 of them.

MT doesn't need to email me. I'm on the site virtually 24hrs a day! :LOL:

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
@Jack Emails have stopped but now I am getting alerts when people I follow are creating a new threads.
If you don't want to receive alerts for this, you can go to the Account > Following page and use the Batch update button to set your preferences for all or you can do it individually for each member.

4343.jpg

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
We've added a few more features for the Conversations including Sticky, Trash, Last Seen, Kick, and other similar functions. A;so
@RoboMan see above posts.

@Jack this just happened. No 'Insert' button.
View attachment 269819
At what resolution is your window? Did you resize the browser or is this how you always get that popup?

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I really like the addition of the Twitter feed on the home page, it would be even better if it opened in a separate tab (y)🥰
Hey @BryanB
Thanks for the feedback! I've added around 150 accounts so the feed should always be fresh and with different subjects (major antivirus sellers, security news, tech news, crypto, and security researchers - including our very own @struppigel ). I've added just 1 tweet so it won't take too much space. I'll try to add a link to the feed.[/USER]

Last edited:

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Hey @BryanB
Thanks for the feedback! I've added around 150 accounts so the feed should always be fresh and with different subjects (major antivirus sellers, security news, tech news, crypto, and security researchers - including our very own @struppigel ). I've added just 1 tweet so it won't take too much space. I'll try to add a link to the feed.[/USER]
That's great Jack, can you add the name under the tab like ''Twitter tweet updates'' or something like this you know better because when i visit this forums i was a bit confused until i read this so i got it lol

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Had this Cloudflare error a few times today, not the first time I've had it on this site the frequency seem to increased quite a bit ever 3rd/4th page causes it Worker exceeded resource limits.
View attachment 270088
When I tried signing into MT today I couldn't get the page to load, I got in after about 4 attempts, my internet connection seems stable. Once in I saw this same error too, a refresh and it had gone, its been OK since.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Had this Cloudflare error a few times today, not the first time I've had it on this site the frequency seem to increased quite a bit ever 3rd/4th page causes it Worker exceeded resource limits.
View attachment 270088
I've just had this Cloudflare error 1102 using Firefox, on a Win 10 PC

Attachments

• MT Cloudflare Error 1102.PNG
    MT Cloudflare Error 1102.PNG
    27 KB · Views: 79

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Apologies if this has been dealt with elsewhere, I ran several searches and found nothing here.

I was going to post a link to an update on the EU ruling that USB-C should be the only adapter type for devices in an existing thread in the 'News Graveyard' section that covers this issue, rather than start a new thread.

I could not do this because at the bottom right hand corner of the page it says

You have insufficient privileges to reply here

As shown in the attached screenshot.

I've seen posts on here where users ask for threads to be managed so as there are not numerous ones that more or less cover the same issue(s). As it is today I'd have to start another thread if I went ahead and posted the link I'd intended to share here, which goes against what those thread management requests/suggestions have been about.

Do members have to gain an elevated privilege to post in some threads? I've never come across this before on MT.

Attachments

• Insufficient Privileges.PNG
    Insufficient Privileges.PNG
    95.8 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: Nevi and vtqhtr413

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.